** Please read requirements and limitations before purchasing **
More information is available at concept2.com/ergdata
ErgData is a free iOS application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. For full use, ErgData requires a connection to a Concept2 Indoor Rower, BikeErg or SkiErg. This may be either a wireless connection to a Concept2 PM5, or a special cable for PM3 or PM4. Once connected, ErgData provides additional statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model), SkiErg or BikeErg with PM3, PM4, or PM5 monitor.
Note: Updating the firmware (software) in the PM3, PM4, or PM5 may be required.
- iPhone 4S or later, or an iPod touch 5 or later. iOS 9 or higher.
- If using a PM3 or PM4 a cable may be available from liverowing.com
- If using a PM5 then a connection may be made using Bluetooth Smart instead of a cable. A firmware update to the PM5 may be required for all Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs shipped before Jan 1, 2015.
See concept2.com/ErgData or email email@example.com for more detailed information
- Displays your workout data in real time.
- Offers a choice of two screens:
1) Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, Calories, or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
2) Screen showing:
-> Drive Length
-> Drive Time
-> Average Force
-> Peak Force
-> Drag Factor
-> Stroke Count
- Replaces your LogCard: ErgData logs all your workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information. (Suggestion: Do not use LogCard with ErgData or this feature will not work)
- Syncs workouts with the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Works with the Health app. Saves heart rate, Calories and basic workout data. Syncs with the user's weight.
- Displays weight-adjusted scores.
- Allows you to view different units on your monitor and iOS device (for example, you can display watts on the iPhone while viewing average pace on the monitor).
- Collects heart rate information from PM4 or PM5 when the PM4 or PM5 is connected to a heart rate measuring device.
- Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen.
There are some things about Concept2's LogCard that ErgData does NOT do:
- ReRow workouts
- Store Favorite workouts
- Store Game scores (like Fish Game)
- Support NFC for iPhone 11 and and SE 2nd Generation.
- Updated French translations.
- Modifications to weight selection to provide consistent user experience.
- Additional support for Health App to read/write weight info.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs significant modernising
The app does the basics and connects to the rower easily. It also sends the workout data up to the concept 2 logbook online as well as syncs to the health app. The major missing feature is compatibility with the Apple Watch for heart rate monitoring. If I use this app plus the exercise app on the watch then I end up with 2 simultaneous workouts in the health record. This really needs fixing as the Watch has been out for 6 years now.
Useful but due for an upgrade
Even in its present state, this app provides useful information over and above the standard PM4/5 monitor, such as stroke speed, power etc. As another reviewer has stated, the GUI is a little simplistic and outdated. The good news is, having been in touch with Concept2 they are planning to bring out a new version of this app sometime in the not too distant future. This should be a completely revamped interface and will, hopefully, incorporate the stroke data. Shout out to Concept2 who replied to my e mail very promptly, and even confirmed that they would take my suggestion on improving the app into consideration. Look forward to this happening!
Great, simple to use app, some improvements needed to be 5*
I love the simplicity of the app and the metrics available are fantastic, however it would be great if you can get the app to read HR data from wearables such as Apple Watch or other compatible smart watches.
Appreciate you can connect a hr band to pm5 directly for live HR data but why spend good money on another device when I already have (in my case) an Apple Watch. Health app adds in my HR data after a row so I can retrospectively see it from the Apple health suite but live hr data from watch in the erg app would be great for zone based training.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Concept2, Inc.
- 15.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Concept2
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.