Winner of the App Store Best of 2020: Leading the Classroom.
Teach, present, sketchnote, record videos, and work together, all in the Explain Everything Whiteboard.
Compared to other tools, Explain Everything is the Swiss army knife of the whiteboarding apps. Due to its unique versatility, new possibilities to express knowledge are opened up, breaking down the boundaries of time and distance, allowing you to sketch, talk and share across a new landscape, digitally reimagining how you explain anything.
Make the process of creating quality explainer videos a breeze. Share your whiteboard presentation either on site or at a distance. Open up an infinite digital space to visually brainstorm complex ideas and share invaluable feedback.
• Bring in media directly from iCloud, GDrive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Evernote as well as export back to them.
• Capture your interactions and voice to create just-in-time video messages and stories.
• Whiteboard together in real time with voice chat on any device, anywhere. Invite guests with a link or project CODE to join you. Record everything and share later as a video.
• Turn your infinite canvas into a mixed-media playground of videos, images, documents, and sketches that captivate, engage, and inspire others.
• Share your projects as images, PDFs, MP4s or editable Explain projects. Share as a web video link so others can stream your Explainer videos.
• Centrally manage your group or institution’s access to the whiteboard and its functionality with ease and comfort.
––– Present, teach, and inspire –––
Lead your audience with a flexible interactive tool. Add documents, images, video, audio, sketches, and more to engage all styles of learning. Organize your materials on an infinite canvas and never run out of space.
––– Record and share whiteboard videos –––
Record animations, annotations, and voice, and make edits using the timeline. Explain Everything’s infinite canvas and recording tools make creating explainer videos a breeze.
––– Meet and collaborate –––
Meet, work, record, and share your videos all in a single app. Invite anyone to your Explain Everything Whiteboard and collaborate in real-time on our infinite canvas with voice-chat. Record the whole thing or pick out the good bits, edit the video, and share it as a link. All in one package.
Explain Everything is used and loved by tutors & consultants, trainers & teachers, storytellers & visual learners, business communicators & professionals, and anyone with the drive to explain or present complex concepts and truly connect with their audiences.
New accounts come with a free trial of the features provided in the Individual Subscription Plan.
You can get your Explain Everything subscription in the app, which will be charged according to you chosen plan and country. Your price options will be shown in the app before you complete a payment. Subscriptions will renew automatically each month/year through your iTunes account, unless you turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period, which you may do at any time in your iTunes account settings. You will only be charged for one period at a time. You may cancel your subscription at any time and will continue to have access to our premium features until the next renewal period.
Add Sticky Notes to your whiteboard for fast labeling and notetaking. They come in 8 beautiful colors and you can find them in the Add Media menu.
Sign in with Office 365
You can now use the Office 365 sign in option to create or access your account.
• You can now select the destination folder when copying your project to Explain Drive.
• We improved the visibility of selected slides in the Export menu.
• Dozens of bug fixes and minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Generally very good, but can be improved
For developers’ notes, just a few points that may be improved:
- During presenter display, include the recording options/ability to pull out the full features or even better, select the tools you want present
- when recording, include the panning and zoom feature with the laser pointer
- for iPadOS, include an Apple Pencil only drawing setting, with fingers used to pan
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to seeing these features in a future update.
Developer Response ,
Hi - thank you for your thorough review and feedback! We really appreciate it! Please note that I have passed your message on to our team. Concerning the custom workspace, I am happy to let you know that we are already working on this! As for your last suggestion, please note that at the moment you can pan with two fingers while using the Apple Pencil. To activate this option, please tap and hold the ‘Hand Tool’ icon for a while and then switch on ‘Zoom and pan’. However, we will see if something like this can be added in the near future
Incredibly good app, look no further!
This app is an amazing piece of work, it’s clearly had a lot of thought put into it, as it has loads of clever features like stealth mode, so that you can zoom in and work on things but the recording doesn’t show that zooming. It has so many tools to help you quickly make videos that clearly illustrate anything you can think of. It’s also very intuitive to use so you won’t spend long gettting the feel of it.
I hope to see better pen options in the future. Particularly I would like a slider for pen size, and the size of the pen/eraser to be consistent so that when you zoom in, the pen stays relatively the same size as it was before, like they have in procreate.
I would also like pressure sensitivity for opacity and size, to give really convincing handwriting.
I’ve written to the team and got a quick response that they would raise these suggestions the following week with the developers and see whether it would be feasible.
An amazing app and seemingly an amazing team.
Developer Response ,
Thank you Tom for writing the review!
Intuitive and productive
I’m using this to support my lecture content. For me it’s an absolute game changer as I can provide additional support and content which the students love. I can use it to provide alternative ways to present material. The interface is intuitive and the software is very flexible. Even to the point of being able to insert a searchable browser window into the presentation. Easy cloud upload to and link to video can easily be incorporated into our VLE.
Developer Response ,
Hi - thank you for leaving a review and for your kind words! We're glad to hear that Explain Everything has helped you in such a powerful way!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Explain Everything sp. z o.o.
- 255.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Explain Everything
- In-App Purchases
- Individual Monthly Plan £6.49
- Explain Everything™ Individual License £11.99
- Individual monthly plan £11.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.