Files App (formerly known as Downloads Lite) features a Web browser that lets you save documents to your iPhone or iPod touch so that you can work with them offline. It has a built-in file manager, with robust viewer for all iOS supported document types, powerful photo browser, advanced PDF reader, full Dropbox support, and more.
NOTE: This app does not support downloading of audio or video content.
√ Full portrait & landscape mode support
√ Passcode lock
√ Web browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Mobile Safari
- Tabbed browsing
- Tap and hold on an image to download it
- Tap and hold to force download
- Save web pages with images for offline viewing
- Full screen mode
- Bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
√ File manager
- Full screen document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html and .rtf file formats
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Extract RAR archives
- Unzip ZIP files
- Remember document scroll position
- Attempt to open file of unrecognized format
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Tap or swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Ability to save images to photo album
- Thumbnails view
√ File transfer
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Supports iTunes USB File Sharing
- Transfer files to and from computer in Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments (size under 15MB)
√ Mobile Safari Integration
- Bookmarklet for Mobile Safari that lets you open any link in Files app
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Files app (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Files app)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Files App", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Right I spoke to someone via email and if you’ve bought the app previously you will not have to pay for a prescription they’re going to investigate and release an update fixing they problem! Thanking you!
Can’t upload more than size 150mb
After updating iPhone software I can no longer use the ‘open in’ Dropbox feature, I can only use ‘save in’ Dropbox but it’s limited to 150mb or less. When I select ‘open in’ the ‘Copy to Dropbox’ doesn’t appear. I have several documents that I can’t move over because it’s quite large. Please fix it.
Issue still not fixed
Features removed and crashes
App has finally been updated and has many original features back, although works slightly differently in line with iOS updates.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hian Zin Jong
- 33.8 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Hian Zin Jong
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade £4.99
- Monthly Subscription £0.99
- Yearly Subscription £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.