Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing based on audio waveforms and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions that open within the Final Cut Pro interface
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Modern Metal engine uses all the GPUs in your Mac to accelerate graphics tasks including rendering, compositing, real-time effects playback, exporting, and more
• 64-bit architecture takes advantage of the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264, HEVC from DSLRs, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an extensive ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair audio problems such as hum, excessive background noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, grade, and deliver video in standard color spaces and standard dynamic range (SDR), or in wide color HDR with support for Rec. 2020 HLG and PQ
• Improve the look of any clip with one-click Balance Color
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Use themed menus to author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.14.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs. Video output to VR headset requires Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS Mojave. 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics or better recommended.
• Prevents an issue that could lead to visual artifacts appearing onscreen for systems with Nvidia graphic cards that have the Reduce Transparency accessibility preference enabled
• Fixes an issue that prevented media from appearing in the Photos library browser when using Final Cut Pro on macOS Catalina
• Fixes an issue in which Final Cut Pro would sometimes load an incorrect project into the timeline
• Resolves an issue in which thumbnails would not update when skimming titles, generators, and transitions in the Browser
• Improves stability when sharing
• Improves stability when skimming media in the Browser
• Improves reliability when working with Sony XAVC media
• Improves reliability when importing and exporting CEA 608 captions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is an updated review. FCPX is still full of bugs, random quits and issues with render files not re-laoding when you reopen a project. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice app but lacks one major thing that makes this app inferior to others and that is the lack of motion tracking.
Sure, you can do that in Apple Motion but it's a major pain as there is no way to ask FCPX to edit a clip in Motion, you have to export it, open Motion, do the tracking and then export again and then re-imoprt into FCPX - that is stupid. Sure, there are plug-ins you can buy to track within FCPX but it really should be there as standard.
At time of writng this review there has been no update for 6 months which shows that Apple are not really that committed to FCPX which is a shame as it remains one of Apples most unstable applications.
Come a long way
I used the previous incarnation (FCP 7) and competitor products PP, Avid etc… and when FCPX initially came out, it was a disaster. Today, it works beautifully to the point I am editing natively in RAW (Cinema DNG). As a working professional, I appreciate a tool which is super-fast, easy to use (although there is a learning curve) and allows me to produce work for my customers which is beautifully made.
I use additional tools for more advanced support such as cleaning up sound which is pretty standard and have other tools to assist visuals such as Motion etc… However, if it is good enough for the BBC’s news desk, it is good enough for me and allows me to me extremely productive and put in place my crazy ideas for my customers.
As professional tools go, I really enjoy using it although like any NLE there is the occasional blip. However, I bought it because I prefer it over the other NLEs, would buy it again given the choice and love the sheer speed advantage once I was up and running. A really good tool and highly recommended.
Excellent & Definitely Not Crash Prone
Thought I should write a review, firstly because we use FCPX for all projects now at our studio having used FCP 4/5/6/7 Premiere, Avid and even Media 100 a long time ago. Having used it from the very first release the experience was a big jump, at our company we continued with FCP 7 and kept trying it out alongside Premiere, firstly on personal projects, then on very small commercial projects, and finally from about version 10.1 everything.
It’s extemely fast, and takes some learning to really exploit just how fast it is. We regularly now get compliments from clients on just how quickly we can turn around projects and deliver changes. The magnetic timeline takes some getting used to, but comes into its own when making changes to an existing cut. Export times are extremely fast.
you never have to save, you never lose work.
Some of the reviews have mentioned that it is Slow or crashes all the time. This is NOT usual behaviour, and these users should really spend some more time troubleshooting what is up most likely with their machine. It’s about as stable as it gets for an NLE (unlike Premiere… Crash beast!) And we have it on all sorts of different macs.
Try it, be patient initially. You might find you love it, and that it makes you more moeny.
- Apple Distribution International
- 2.9 GB
- Photo & Video
macOS 10.14.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.