“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” —Lifehacker
The Five Minute Journal is the simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology.
• Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience – The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries could not be easier. The Five Minute Journal app has been optimized to run smoother and quicker than ever before.
• Timeline View – Quickly access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
• Photos – Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo.
• Timeline Photo View – See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
• Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges – Receive an inspiring quote daily and weekly challenges that can be shared across social media.
• Easy Journal Entry Navigation – Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by swiping right or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
• Reminders – Set daily notifications to ensure you never miss a day of journaling.
• Passcode Protection – Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode protection.
• Backup/Export to PDF – Easily backup/export all your entries to PDF, Dropbox, and more. You have the ability to select a date range or all entries.
UPDATES & FIXES
• Updated iOS 14 compatibility
• General updates & improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Journaling as a tool for self improvement
I started using the journal about 6 months ago, writing one liners under each section, over a short time I begun to journal the details and highlights of my entire day, I find the writing in detail under “Amazing things that happened today” really quite fun and insightful, I’ve learned how chronic my procrastination is/was and I use the scribing as a learning tool now around my attitudes, habits, beliefs, expectations, thinking and behaviour. I know a number of people including myself have struggled with 3 “things you’re grateful for today” at first I found I was repeating the same gratitude over and over however over time I have found this has caused me to think much more deeply about gratitude and to broaden my thinking around being grateful. It took me a couple of months to get into the swing of writing everyday (I do miss the odd day here and there) but now I look forward and enjoy going over my day and writing about it in detail. I believe this needs to be fun and not a chore. Happy Journaling “Change is a process not an event”
Developer Response ,
So glad to hear that your consistent gratitude practice over the last 6 months with the Five Minute Journal app has allowed you to think more deeply into all the things around you and in your world that you are grateful for each day. If you put the work in, change will happen, and great things may just come of it. Enjoy your journey ahead with it!
This has added value to my life
All I will say is, in my opinion it was worth getting into the habit of filling out a gratitude journal like this one morning and night. Time seems to have slowed down as my awareness has increased over the events and challenges that arise from day to day. I can enjoy the little things in life as well as the bigger things and I take nothing for granted anymore, not even the air that I breathe. I also love the daily inspirational quotes which often seem to be very relevant to current life situations. Thank you Mimi and Alex. Anita and I also love your podcasts, we listened recently to the one with lazo freeman and we enjoy doing the kids gratitude journal before bed with our 3 year old son.
Developer Response ,
Beautiful review, Aleven. I've shared your feedback with Mimi and Alex. We are so grateful for your support.
I just love it 💕
This little app reminds you to be grateful everyday and makes you stop and think about all the goodness in your life. I get notified every morning and night to complete my entry, which is really useful or I’d forget. You can upload pictures and write as much as you want into the sections. The daily quotes is a nice addition too. This app is really helping me to become more positive about my life and not take the little things for granted. 5 stars!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intelligent Change LLC
- 65.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2016 Intelligent Change Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.