The Five Minute Journal uses proven principles of positive psychology to make you happier in 5 minutes a day with the guided gratitude journaling format
“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” — Lifehacker
BENEFITS OF PRACTICING GRATITUDE
Cultivating gratitude can positively impact all areas of your life—from personal growth and emotional intelligence to meaningful relationships and enhanced productivity. A lot of thought leaders practice gratitude (including Oprah Winfrey, Richard Branson, Tim Ferris, and many others), as studies have found it improves health, has lasting positive effects on the brain, and is a key to mental wellbeing.
Practicing gratitude with the Five Minute Journal app brings you a more positive outlook on life and ability to notice wonderful things and capture the life-changing experiences. The key is consistency. With its thoughtful features and a structure to help you focus on what’s good, you will find The Five Minute Journal app to be a great way to start and end your day.
WHAT OUR COMMUNITY IS SAYING
“Not only do I love the simplicity in the design, but the fact that it takes only a minute to update the entries means this is something I’ll actually use. This app really gets you thinking about the positive things right before you start your day.”
FIVE MINUTE JOURNAL APP FEATURES
– Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience: The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries is easy with a guided flow for both your morning and evening entries.
– Easy Journal Entry Navigation: Quickly cycle through previous entries by scrolling your timeline or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
– Guided Journaling Flow & Prompts: A new guided process to help you get the most from your gratitude journal experience.
– Reminders: Set daily notifications to keep up with a rewarding journaling habit.
– Timeline View: Access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping an entry leads to a full day review.
– Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges: Receive daily inspiring quotes and weekly challenges, and share them across social media.
– Passcode Protection: Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode, Face ID or Touch ID protection.
– Dark Mode: Use your journal in either light or dark mode, which is especially great for late night journaling.
– Compatible With Any Device or platform: Use it on iPhone app, iPad app and Apple Watch companion app.
– Track your mindful minutes in the Apple Health app with our HealthKit integration
– Streaks: Track your personal progress and get insights on positive changes in your life.
– Backup/Export: Easily backup your entries and export your treasured memories and media to PDF, HTML, Dropbox, and more. You can select a date range or export all.
Five Minute Journal App offers an optional monthly or yearly subscriptions with free trials or lifetime license.
Here's what you get when you unlock the Premium:
– Photos and Video: Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo or video. Attach media to any of your daily prompts.
– Personalized Practice: Create your own custom questions, tailored to your mood and goals.
– Space for Notes: Clear your thoughts and write freely in the new notes section.
– Mood tracker: Check in with yourself, express how you feel, and gain insights into how your emotions influence your days.
– Look Back Reminders: Get reminded of your memories with the “On this Day” feature.
– Timeline Photo View: See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
– Widget: Add a thoughtful Five Minute Journal widget to your home screen.
UPDATES & FIXES
• General stability and UX improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Journaling as a tool for self improvement
I started using the journal about 6 months ago, writing one liners under each section, over a short time I begun to journal the details and highlights of my entire day, I find the writing in detail under “Amazing things that happened today” really quite fun and insightful, I’ve learned how chronic my procrastination is/was and I use the scribing as a learning tool now around my attitudes, habits, beliefs, expectations, thinking and behaviour. I know a number of people including myself have struggled with 3 “things you’re grateful for today” at first I found I was repeating the same gratitude over and over however over time I have found this has caused me to think much more deeply about gratitude and to broaden my thinking around being grateful. It took me a couple of months to get into the swing of writing everyday (I do miss the odd day here and there) but now I look forward and enjoy going over my day and writing about it in detail. I believe this needs to be fun and not a chore. Happy Journaling “Change is a process not an event”
Developer Response ,
So glad to hear that your consistent gratitude practice over the last 6 months with the Five Minute Journal app has allowed you to think more deeply into all the things around you and in your world that you are grateful for each day. If you put the work in, change will happen, and great things may just come of it. Enjoy your journey ahead with it!
This has added value to my life
All I will say is, in my opinion it was worth getting into the habit of filling out a gratitude journal like this one morning and night. Time seems to have slowed down as my awareness has increased over the events and challenges that arise from day to day. I can enjoy the little things in life as well as the bigger things and I take nothing for granted anymore, not even the air that I breathe. I also love the daily inspirational quotes which often seem to be very relevant to current life situations. Thank you Mimi and Alex. Anita and I also love your podcasts, we listened recently to the one with lazo freeman and we enjoy doing the kids gratitude journal before bed with our 3 year old son.
Developer Response ,
Beautiful review, Aleven. I've shared your feedback with Mimi and Alex. We are so grateful for your support.
I loved this app and have been completing it every day for the last 5 months. It has become part of my morning and evening routine. But yesterday morning I find the app has been updated. When I tried to log in it created me a whole new account (despite me clicking that I already had an account) and told me I needed to pay £22! I emailed the developer and got an automated response saying that I have probably created a duplicate account and that I could just delete it and all would be well. I have done that but it still won’t log me in. It recognises my email and tells me that I get a free upgrade but then when I click to continue it tells me it doesn’t recognise my email. Clearly the developers know they have messed up hence the automated email but when will this be fixed? I have lost all my data and don’t want to pay £22 when I already had a premium account.
Also, £22? for the upgrade. The app was perfect as it was. The developers have got greedy. £4.99 for the app was great and I recommended it to lots of my friends. I won’t be recommending at that price.
Please fix the accounts!
Developer Response ,
We're very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the update. We've worked very hard to implement all sorts of new features that have been requested by users over the years. With all these updates, in order to maintain a sustainable future for the Five Minute Journal app, we did have to make adjustments to the pricing structure. However, as an existing user, you will be eligible for a free one-year subscription to the premium features. We're confident that you will thoroughly enjoy all the new premium features. Please bear with us as we have a very high volume of emails and kindly expect a reply in 24-72 hours. We're committed to helping everyone of you get back in.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intelligent Change LLC
- 96.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2021 Intelligent Change Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription £34.99
- Annual Subscr (existing users) £22.49
- Annual Subscription £21.99
- Monthly Subscription £8.99
- Monthly Subscription £4.49
- Monthly Subs (existing users) £4.49
- Lifetime Access £89.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.