Moderation is a radically simple food diary which aims to bring the fun back to tracking what you eat. The App removes the complexity of scanning barcodes or calorie counting, and instead presents a simple interface to quickly record if what you have eaten was healthy or not.
People who track what they eat are more likely to make better decisions based on their long term goals. Unlike other apps, Moderation doesn’t slow you down by trying to be a calorie counter.
Moderation isn’t just a meal tracker though, it also presents you with actionable insights. This allows you to be more mindful about your choices, but without the restrictive living of calorie counting.
You can also track your weight within the App with our simple weight loss tracker, and understand the correlation between your diet, healthiness and weight loss.
Moderation isn’t your normal diet app or calorie tracker - it’s the world's simplest food diary. If you are looking for an alternative to calorie counting, then download Moderation for free today to start using our great features:
* A simple approach to tracking your food, just track if your meal was healthy or unhealthy.
* Log your meals quickly and conveniently from Siri Shortcuts or from interactive notifications.
* Beautifully designed widgets to help you log meals or view your progress.
* Low carb? Gluten free? Chocolate? Use tags to optionally gain extra insight into your meals.
* Support for Dark Mode.
* No account needed and no ads.
A subscription to Moderation Pro unlocks the following:
* Weight loss tracking - with integration of Apple Health.
* Unlimited Tags.
* Tag people you eat with to understand how they can impact on your eating choices.
* Brunch? Elevenses? Create custom meal types to match how you segment your meals throughout the day.
* Nag Mode, extra reminders to log your meal for those of us who need a constant reminder!
* A wide variety of themes and app icons.
This app integrates with Apple Health.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I've always found these sort of apps a pain to use. They all promise ease of use but somewhere down the line they receive an upgrade that adds way too many steps or silly features and it over complicates things. However, moderation is probably the best app on the market for recording your meals in a simple but intuitive way. It doesn't over complicate what is essentially a simple task of keeping a diary of your meals. The 'nudges' are useful to remind you to record your meals as most days, work and general life get in the way. Would totally recommend you giving this app a try. Kudos to the dev!
This is exactly what I was looking for. A very low-fi way to practice mindful eating with the option to track food groups/types and overall healthiness. Plus it doesn’t require ingredient tracking or calorie counting which never works for me. However, I do like stats and this provides that. I like the idea of sticking to the 80/20 rule and this enables me to aim for that.
Amazing and so helpful
Really great app, it’s so quick to add & tag meals, which stops it being a burden that you eventually forget to do. Really great!
The pro features are definitely worth it as well, gives such a nice insight into how your food patterns actually look. Shout out to the developers for being so responsive, looking forward to future updates!!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dominic Williams
- 17.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Moderation 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Moderation Pro Annual £9.99
- Moderation Pro Annual £24.99
- Moderation Pro Monthly £1.99
- Moderation Pro Monthly £4.49
- Coffee Tip £2.99
- Kind Tip £0.99
- Amazing Tip £9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.