The award winning PC spaceship simulation game from Subset Games comes to iPad! Includes the free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, which adds new ships, enemies, events, weapons, and more!
PC version’s awards include:
- IGN - Game Of the Year Nominee 2012
- PC Gamer - 2012 Best Short-Form Game
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Excellence in Design
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Audience Award
- Game Developers Choice Awards 2013 - Best Debut: Subset Games
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
- Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of seven diverse alien races.
- Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
Website - www.FTLgame.com
Twitter - @FTLgame
NOTE: Only compatible with iPad 2 or newer -- Will NOT run on iPad 1!
-Prep for future iOS versions (64-bit support)
-More sound problems resolved
-Misc. minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Worth The Money!
I was sceptical despite all the great reviews so I finally bought it and did not regret well worth the price. I have been playing and recommend having at least a couple of tries on easy mode for me even on easy mode I still die countless times, but do be deferred for this game is well worth the hours of trying and raging but eventually it pays off you unlock more ships and you figure your way of going faster that light. I am yet to complete on easy but am determine to succeed. I say if your worried about a waste money if you have a bad attitude you will probably hate the game go in with a positive attitude and the game gives back. Best of luck to all.
An immersive and epic game!
Where do I start? If you're new to FTL and it's (included) add-on, then you're in for a real treat. Prepare to spend hours upon hours mastering the game and trying every new tactic you can think of. I am not sure how much time I've spent playing this but it's all been worth it. Just a note though, don't be disheartened when you lose your ship and all of your progress at any stage in this epic. It's all part of learning the mechanics and will make success all the more sweeter when you do beat the final boss.
As a side note, I am so pleased the devs have added 64bit support. I was ready to lose this wonderful game when the next iOS was released.
One great example of why consoles will die.
It's inevitable that gaming as we know it will migrate to the tablet. FTL is just one clean example of this. Simple, elegant and sophisticated with a balanced mix of all the key ingredients of what makes gaming great. A fantastical indulgence of time none of us have but so enjoyable. Pure escapism. Love it...
...3 years later and still the best game I've played. Stuck on a desert island. Trapped in elevator. 20 hour delay at the airport. None of it matters if you've packed FTL.
- Subset Games, LLC
- 194.8 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Subset Games, LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.