The FUJIFILM Camera Remote is an application provided by FUJIFILM that can operate wireless-equipped digital cameras by remote control to shoot images and to view images and movies in the camera and to transfer them to smartphones or tablets. And it also supports the cameras that offers Bluetooth® capability. Pair it with your smartphones or tablet devices, it synchronizes "date and time" and/or "location information" of your smartphone or tablet devices with the cameras that offers Bluetooth® capability. In advanced of shooting, to easily transfer pictures you have taken to the smartphones or tablet device via this application. Bluetooth wireless remote shutter release can be used for cameras that offers Bluetooth® capability. In addition, firmware update is now supported from your smartphone or tablet devices via Bluetooth without the need of a SD memory card.
-This application provides the following functions:
1. Transferring images and movies to a Smartphone
2. Browsing the Camera from a Smartphone
3. Downloading Location Data from a Smartphone
4. Shooting Images by Remote Control(*)
5. Easily transfer pictures from the cameras that offers Bluetooth capability.
6. Synchronizing "date and time" and/or "location information" with the cameras that offers Bluetooth capability
7. Firmware update via a Smartphone to the cameras that offers Bluetooth capability.
8. Bluetooth wireless remote control camera shutter release is now supported for cameras that offers Bluetooth capability.
*How to change the setting depends on your camera.
[Supported cameras and supporting functions]
[Supporting functions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8]
FUJIFILM X-T30, GFX 50R, X-T3, XF10, X-H1, X-E3
[Supporting functions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8]
[Supporting functions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
FUJIFILM X-T100, X-A5
[Supporting functions: 1, 2, 3, 4]
FUJIFILM GFX 50S, X-T20, X100F, X-A10, X-A3, X-T2, X-Pro2, X-E2S, X70, X-T10, X-T1, X30, X100T, X-E2(firmware version 3.00 or later),
FinePix XP120, XP90, XP80, S9900W, S9950W
[Supporting functions: 1, 2, 3]
FUJIFILM X-E2（firmware version 1.00-2.10）, XQ2, XQ1, X-A2, X-A1, X-M1
[Smartphone System Requirements]
iPhone/iPad/iPod touch: iOS 10.0 - 12.3.1
*iPad WiFi, iPod touch can not use the Geotagging.
*This application software doesn't guarantee the functions for all the iPhone, iPad and iPodtouch.
*iOS10:Ignore the message of "Security Recommendation" during Wi-Fi setting.
Please use your camera with the latest firmware when using the FUJIFILM Camera Remote App.
Please visit the FUJIFILM website for instructions and to download the latest firmware.
Please Visit FUJIFILM Web pages for more details and usage.
・Bug Fixes and performance improvements.
*Above feature varies depending on what camera you use.
Ratings and Reviews
Will not work
I used the older version of the app on a previous handset (iPhone 5s) for several years and it worked well. Connected quickly, allowed me to browse and select images, all remote functions - no problem. This newer version on my iPhone 8 will not work with my XT-10 at all. It has not connected to my camera once despite me following the instructions. My camera will still create a hotspot and my phone will connect to it but the app fails to find the camera 100% of the time. I was seriously hoping one of the updates would fix the issue but so far it has not and despite many poor reviews. Sometimes it’s handy to quickly send a couple of snaps to the phone and I do miss this feature. I may just chuck my old phone into my camera bag for this purpose until (if the time comes) that this app gets an update that will enable it to work.
Keeps crashing, not user friendly
- The app keeps crashing when you select more than a few pictures for import.
- remote camera no longer works (phone only shows black screen when connected to camera remotely)
- Also, importing multiple pictures on the phone is very uncomfortable - when you try to select pictures by tapping in the tiny circle to tick them, the pictures often just get opened instead of getting selected and it takes time to go back to the selection window.
Slight improvement on previous app
It’s a slight improvement on the previous app, it looks nicer designed and connects a bit easier yet it does have its moments when it randomly crashes and can at times complain about phone storage when transferring claiming lack of space on phone yet 80gb spare !? A simple reset of the app fixes it yet still it’s happened a couple of times.
Another annoying thing is the transferring photos option when it lets you select photos you want yet the selection circle on the photos is tiny so you end up clicking the photo and having to wait for that to load up and then the need to return back to main photos selection bit which all takes ages to do as it’s a bit slow and laggy.
- FUJIFILM Corporation
- 48.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © FUJIFILM Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.