As struggling author and bookstore owner Gabriel Knight, investigate a series of savage ritual killings in New Orleans and their connection to voodoo’s sinister mysteries. The deeper he dives into master storyteller Jane Jensen’s tale of terror and suspense, the closer he'll come to discovering the secrets of his own family history–and unfolding his destiny.
Experience one of adventure gaming’s most stunning masterpieces all over again in this blockbuster retelling of the award-winning 1993 murder-mystery, which adds all-new puzzles, scenes, and HD graphics! Blending the best of yesterday and today, it re-imagines the 1993 original, voted one of the greatest games of all time, for an entirely new generation of fans.
- Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time: Adventure Gamers' 20 Best Adventure Games, Computer Gaming World's Adventure Game of the Year 1994, and Honorable Mention in The A.V. Club's Top 100 Games of All-Time
- Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
- Explore the colorful world of New Orleans, from Jackson Square to Bourbon Street to the shores of Lake Pontchartrain
- Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic update and nostalgic
Loving this overhaul of a legendary adventure game. Works beautifully on iPad. Hard to believe this came on about a dozen floppy discs in the early 90s and now I'm streaming it down from iTunes with voices and beautiful musical score. I actually appreciate the updated graphics and voices but understand people yearn for the original. Also worth checking out the novelisation that Jane wrote for the game. It's a great read and adds a lot of character insight. This game influenced me more than any other game growing up. In fact it influenced me to base a whole vacation around visiting New Orleans a few years back!
WORTH EVERY PENNY!
I'm loving this with a little help from an online walkthrough. It may have cost a little more for the whole game but I haven't been able to put it down. It draws you into it so much that when anything bad happens to Gabriel I jump as he jumps. Much prefer this type of game to the usual fairy tale kind of games from Bigfish.
Good game, but
I've only played day one (the free bit) and I have to say it's a good game. Not great, the controls are a bit glitchy and take time to work out and it's a very short play time. By that I mean in game time passes very fast. Graphics are ok and the story is pitched well, it's not too simple nor too hard for what I've played.
Now for the bad bit. The remaining 3 episodes cost £2.99 EACH. And there isn't an option to buy all of them at once with a discount. And frankly I don't think this game is worth £9.97. If they change it so you CAN get the episode all at once for a discount, then I'll play the rest. Until then I can't, with all honesty, recommend this game.
- Phoenix Online Studios LLC
- 2.9 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Days 2-3 £2.99
- Days 4-6 £3.99
- Days 7-10 £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.