Want to get fit and feel fantastic? Want to add some fresh air to your exercise? Then Get Running with the best Couch to 5k App!
With three enjoyable workouts a week, in nine weeks you will be running continuously for half an hour, even if getting off the couch is a struggle today!
Get Running breaks through the “beginning barrier” with its enormously popular Couch to 5k running plan. In week one’s workouts you'll alternate one minute of running with 90 seconds of walking. With each new week, Get Running’s human voice coach gradually builds up your pace, until you’re running for a whole half-hour!
Get Running is the only Couch to 5K App that:
• Coaches like a human – with hundreds of studio-recorded progress and encouragement prompts.
• Supports and encourages you – talk with fellow running rookies on the Get Running forum.
• Lets you share (NEW!) – share Get Running with up to three other runners: you all get your own log and settings!
• Helps you plan – rest days help you recover, and Get Running knows the best day for your next run.
• Displays your next move – the unique Run Clock, customised for each workout, gives complete visibility and understanding.
In addition, Get Running:
• Works with or without music. Or listen to podcasts and audio books.
• Fits your schedule – just three workouts a week of 20 to 30 minutes.
• Logs your achievements – with an illuminating visual record of your progress.
Thousands of people have changed their lives with Get Running and you will too! Whether you’re running for your health, training for a 5K, or building to conquer a marathon — Get Running!
Get Running's users say:
• Just finished week 9 run 3 and all I can say is this app changed my life. Great job.
• I LOVE your app. I have tried several but Yours is the BEST for me. I am 60 years young this year & a cancer survivor. I have set the goal to run 5 K races. I use your program as my trainer, it is SUPER. Thank You. – Vickie Wheeler by email
• I tried the top selling "Couch to 5k" App before I purchased this one, and this one is much nicer to use. The voice reminders are very helpful. I like how it pauses your music instead of talking over it. I highly recommend it over the others.
• Thank you so much for this little gem of an app. I had a look at others like it but this wins hands down. It is so brilliantly simple with a great interface.
• Thank you! This app has changed my life. I was unfit and didn't do any regular exercise. I always blamed my asthma for being the reason I couldn't run for longer than a minute, but now I know it's because I was unfit! I have signed up for a 5k race too! – @amyriddett on Twitter
• Really great app. I'm actually looking forward to running. I listen to podcasts and this app is terrific at pausing the show to make it's announcements. I don't miss anything that was said. Outstanding.
• Get Running 1.12.1 is a 64 bit App for your fantastic 64bit device.
• This update has a completely new audio implementation. It's been entirely replaced for even greater reliability. Music will fade down while Get Running coaches you, then fade back in, to help you keep exercising. Audio books and podcast content will temporarily pause while Get Running coaches you, and then resume, so you never miss a word.
• Get Running 1.12.0 has various tweaks to the user interface.
Thanks for your support, and happy running!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have wanted to review this app for some years now. First bought in 2012 and it’s never left my phone since. Got me from unfit and overweight back to fighting weight and overall health. It’s simple friendly voice has seen me through many many runs. Even after completing the course I often return after illness or laziness and it never fails me. On day one you’ll feel it’s an insurmountable task, praying for a 1 minute run to be up but sooner than you think, you’ll be pounding out 20, 25, 28 and 30 minute runs. 5k programs are not new but when combined with an app it’s a life changing plan. Motivation is required, you do have to commit to it, but also don’t get disheartened if a run is tough, many of us hit a wall at some point, it took me four goes to do my first solid 20min run but stick at it and you CAN finish the program.
I owe a lot to this app, it is the best and I’ve tried others, it truly gave me my health back. I truly wished they brought out a 10K version as this is wonderfully done and others options are no where near as good.
Gets you running
I've never been a "runner", in fact I would go so far as to say I've always hated running. This app sat on my phone doing nothing for months. Finally, after much excuse-making, one day several weeks ago I just went out and did it.
I'm now about to start week seven. It's not always been easy, and I still have a way to go, but I can't fault the results: I'm running. Sure, my technique is probably appalling, and I sometimes feel that if I were to stop focussing on my breathing for even a minute I'd just collapse in a heap. That first 20 minute non-stop run took everything I had (and a little that I didn't!). And there've been times I've actually pleaded out loud for the app to tell me I'm nearly done, but I'm still running...
Update - Two (and a bit) years later and I'm still running! I'm now a regular at Parkrun, have completed a couple of 10K races and just registered for my first half marathon. Most importantly, I'm fitter and happier than I've ever been. I've reused this app a couple of times to recover after illness/injury and it's just great. I'd recommend this app wholeheartedly to anyone who wants to Get Running.
A further update - Five years later! I’ve just used this app again to get myself back running after a big chunk of time off with an injury. I skipped over a number of runs this time as fitness returned a lot quicker than it was originally acquired - huzzah! Still a great app that I have no hesitation at all recommending.
Perfect running companion
This app provides just the right amount of encouragement at the right time. The lady speaker is clear and concise. There are no embellishments to the app: it clearly describes exactly what needs to be done every step of the way. You can look ahead to see what is coming. You can cancel a run at any time and take a step back. I haven't yet had to repeat a week but I would imagine just clicking on that week would start you afresh. I paid for this, rather than going with the free NHS app because, although music just fades away whilst she is speaking, audiobooks stop and start. Couldn't ask for more.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.