Do you want to eat smart?
* know good food and eat smart
* follow low-carb diets or keto diets
* control your weight, glucose and blood pressure
* prevent diseases like diabetes or heart diseases like hypertension
* fight weight gain, overweight and obesity
* have the Glycemic Load, Index and carbs data always at hand
* backup or sync with other devices
The free features of the app are:
* Food tables of the Glycemic Index, Load and carbohydrates content
* Favorite and recent food with search feature
* Weight tracking (also hip, waist, thigh, neck and fat) with statistics and beautiful charts
* Glucose and ketone bodies tracking with stats, great charts and HbA1c calculation
* Blood pressure diary with stats and pretty charts
* BMI calculator
We keep this app free by showing ads. If you want to remove ads or utilize the other exciting features like below, you can have them for a small fee.
* Glycemic Load list
* Carbohydrates content list
* Fiber content in foods and net carbs calculator
* Apple Health support which helps to sync measurements with electronic scales, glucometers and blood pressure monitors
* Meal content calculator
* Food diary to keep track of your food, glycemic load and carbs consumption
* Statistics with averages for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly periods
* Beautiful charts of the GL and carbs consumption over time
* Unlimited number of measurements
* Future additions to the food tracker, charting and stats
* Import/export all your data to backup or sync between devices
* Export to CSV for offline analysis and send via email (e.g. to your doctor)
* No more ads!
So, do you know what you eat? Find out now! Install the app and use it to take control of your health.
The app supports Apple Health which helps to sync measurements with electronic scales, glucometers and blood pressure monitor. Using the app with the Apple Health app on your device empowers you to better manage your health.
GI means Glycemic Index. It is a number associated with a particular type of food to indicate the food's effect on a person's blood glucose (blood sugar) level. The number typically ranges between 50 and 100, where 100 represents pure glucose, an equivalent amount of pure glucose.
The Glycemic Load (GL) of food is a number that estimates how much the food will raise a person's blood glucose level after eating it. It can be used to apply the Glycemic Index to dieting by connecting the GI number with carbohydrates content in a given serving. It gives an estimation on how much a serving size of food is likely to increase blood-sugar levels.
Net carbs are total carbs minus fiber which is indigestible thus it is considered not to raise blood sugar levels.
BMI is used to assess health risks and body structure but does not take in consideration muscular mass so it can sometimes be inaccurate, for instance in the case of athletes or pregnant women.
Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly known as diabetes, is a group of metabolic disorders characterized by high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period.
Hyperglycemia (also spelled hyperglycaemia or hyperglycæmia), is a condition in which an excessive amount of glucose circulates in the blood plasma.
Observational studies demonstrate that people who maintain arterial pressures at the low end of these pressure ranges have much better long-term cardiovascular health.
Apple Health support which helps to sync measurements with electronic scales, glucometers and blood pressure monitors
Support for landscape view in the app for better usability
Allowed app font size change (iPhones only) in the app settings
iPad font is now bigger and easier to read
Option to enter HbA1c result from a lab test
Fixes for dark theme
Remember portions entered for products
Remove "My Apps" and replace it with a link
Dropbox will be removed in the next version
Show prices (if online)
Fix "undefined" when adding product
Fix connection issues during purchases
And other fixes and corrections for better experience
All changes: https://www.creamsoft.com/rd.php?p=mygi_changelog
Ratings and Reviews
A really great app
At first I thought this would be a gimmick to take my money. No - it’s a really informative and useful app for anyone who needs support with their eating habits. The free version allows me to record my blood glucose levels, with only a tiny ad at the bottom. For 1 year it’s a fiver for the premium version, and honestly it’s worth it.
This is a well thought through app enabling the user to lower the glycemic load of their diet. The current trend is towards Keto diets. GI and GL values of foods are not often discussed. I was reminded of the benefits of this approach by Dr Andrew Jenkinsons new book ‘ Why We Eat ( too much ) ‘.
Written by a UK bariatric surgeon I would highly recommend it. It gives a fascinating perspective on today’s nutrition issues.
A handy check
For someone who has to keep a check on their sugar intake this app is proving so valuable. I am being reminded that eating fruit is so good for me. However there are some fruit, and a lot of other food items which is clearly harmful. A quick check on the table in this app soon gets me back in line. I highly recommend it.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rafal Platek
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2022, cream.software
- In-App Purchases
- Premium for 1 year! £6.49
- Premium for 1 month £1.99
- Premium for 1 week £0.99
- One-time purchase £9.49
- Remove Ads £2.49
- Premium for 6 months £4.99