>>>>> EAR TRAINING FOR BEGINNERS TO PROS <<<<<
Professional musicians know, that having a good trained ear is one of the most important skills, a musician should have. goodEar was made to increase those skills and bring you on a new musical level!
It is made for all musicians, whether you are beginner or professional.
• Choose from four different modes: intervals, chords, scales, melodies
• Choose from all intervals between 2 octaves
• Activate "backing chord" to hear the interval in harmonic context
• Play them ascending, descending, or simultaneously
• All possible triads and inversions
• All possible 4-note-chords (e.g. Cm7)
• 20 different extended/altered chords (e.g. D7b9b13 or Emaj7#11)
• 38 different scales
• All ionian scales (e.g. ionian, dorian...)
• All harmonic-minor scales (e.g. Ionian #5)
• All melodic-minor scales (e.g. Mixo #11)
• 5 Pentatonic Scales (e.g. minor pentatonic)
• 5 Hexatonic Scales (e.g. whole tone scale)
• 7 Octatonic Scales (e.g. Bebop Dominant)
• play them ascending or descending
• Identify random generated melodies
• You can make them diatonic, or non diatonic
• Choose the intervals, that you want to be included in the melody
• Activate "backing chord" to hear the melody in harmonic context
• Create your own exercises, depending on your personal approach. (No annoying wizards)!
• Play the exercises on piano or give the answer with multiple-choice
• Watch your progress in statistics
• Make highscores, and try to challenge yourself
goodEar was made with the knowledge of various professional musicians and teachers, for giving you high quality music education on the iPad.
Minor fixes and performance improvement.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic, amazing value!
Needed something to help develop my Aural skills for my Music A Level. This is a simple to use app that's really good value for all it contains. You can choose which intervals/chords it tests you on, meaning you can keep hearing the ones you find hard until you get the hang of it. It also shows the answers on the keyboard, which helps you get a visual idea of what the interval 'looks' . I like the ability to be able to play a chord in the background for context also. It's more realistic in terms of identifying an interval within a piece of music. All in all, this app has been invaluable and is well worth the small cost for any music student :)
Great ear training app
Best ear training app I've found - great interface for melody and interval play back and excellent selection of chords. Please add 13b9, 13#9 and 7#11#9 chords in the next update (maybe 13#11, 13#11#9 and 13#11b9 as well) - then this app would be perfect!
Needs an update so you can take the guess work out of what chord your playing. The bottom right hand box should state more info like this. Especially with so you know what interval if it's a major 2nd etc and the scale name would be helpful when learning scales how do we know what it is we are learning just hearing it does not help .
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.