GoodMaps acquires the Sendero GPS mobile apps from Aira, which are now free!
GoodMaps Outdoors is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS app for iPhone. It has all the outdoor navigation features you expect plus unique offerings you cannot get anywhere else, including extra verbosity for blind users.
• Four main tabs are easy to access at the bottom of the screen: Routes, Location (Default), POIs and Settings.
• A unique GoodMaps Outdoors feature: Record a route using breadcrumbs, called Waypoints. No other accessible app has this. You can add these waypoints with the add button or you can shake the phone to create a Waypoint. It also automatically records a point after you have gone a certain distance. These Waypoint routes can be saved for future use.
• The Lookaround Wand in the top right tells you what is around.
• The More Info button gives the altitude and speed.
• Create your own POIs and share your POIs with others or keep them private with a shortcut on the Location page or from the POIs page.
• POI categories are announced with search results and make finding your destination easier.
• Audio tones and vibrations give feedback throughout the app, letting you know about upcoming turns, critical intersection information, and when search is loading.
• A robust route menu includes multiple methods of choosing a destination, from starting with a POI, an address from your contact list, your route history, and many more!
• Settings include many customization options like: vibrations, vision contrast, color settings, and distance units.
• There are announcement options like right, left, clockface or both.
New and current Seeing Eye GPS XT users, meet GoodMaps Outdoors. Same app, new name, no charge. The version improvements include:
1. Added account creation/login page to securely back up your User POIs, route history and waypoint routes. When you launch the GoodMaps Outdoors app for the first time, it will require you to create an account linked with either your phone number or email.
If using your phone number, select the "Phone number" button, then enter your phone number. Select the Submit button and you will receive a text with your verification code. Enter this code to create your account. If you prefer to login via email then select the "E-mail address" button, then enter your email address. Select the "Send verification link" button and check your email for the verification link. Once you select the link from the same device you will be redirected to the application and account creation will be completed.
The benefit of creating an account is that you will never have to worry about losing your saved information, such as your User POIs, route history, and waypoint routes. These files will be securely stored on the server and linked to your account.
2. Added ability to create a route to a Free Aira Access Point
3. Added Dark Mode Support
4. Removed OSM POIs
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GoodMaps Inc
- 73.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Hebrew, Serbian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 GoodMaps, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.