History Hit is a new kind of history channel. We've built up an extensive library of history programmes: hundreds of hours of documentaries, exclusive original films, interviews and ad-free podcasts made for proper history fans.
• New programmes added every week
• Exclusive interviews with the world’s top historians
• Original documentaries from historic sites all over the world
• Listen ad-free to our network of 8 history podcasts, including Dan Snow’s History Hit
• Download to watch or listen on the go
Download our app today to start exploring our ever-growing library of films and podcasts - available to watch and listen wherever you are.
We make history. Each of our documentaries and podcasts delve into key events from history with insights from experts, survivors, and historians. These are all downloadable onto any device so you can watch them even when you are offline.
To access all features and content you can subscribe to History Hit on a monthly or yearly basis with an auto-renewing subscription right inside the app.* Pricing can vary by region and will be confirmed before purchase in the app. In app subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of their cycle.
* All payments will be paid through your iTunes Account and may be managed under Account Settings after the initial payment. Subscription payments will automatically renew unless deactivated at least 24-hours before the end of the current cycle. Your account will be charged for renewal at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current cycle. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited upon payment. Cancellations are incurred by disabling auto-renewal.
Terms of Service: https://access.historyhit.com/tos
* Bug fixes
* Performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great value for money
History Hit is an exceptional platform that has truly enhanced my understanding and appreciation of history. From engaging podcasts and documentaries to insightful articles, the breadth and depth of historical content available are simply remarkable. The high-quality production and diverse range of topics ensure that there is something for every history enthusiast, regardless of their specific interests.
One of the most appealing aspects of History Hit is its excellent value for money. The subscription fee is more than justified by the wealth of content and the expertise of the contributors. I find myself continuously drawn to the platform, eager to explore new historical narratives and gain a deeper insight into the past. The ability to access such a vast array of historical resources at an affordable price makes History Hit an invaluable investment for anyone passionate about history.
Overall, I cannot recommend History Hit highly enough. It has become an indispensable tool for expanding my historical knowledge and has undoubtedly enriched my leisure time. The platform's exceptional value for money, combined with its captivating content, makes it a must-have for history enthusiasts.
Knowledge base ground zero
I took out my subscription on a whim, resulting in the re-awakening of a long lost thirst for knowledge that I believed had shriveled up and died long ago. Since then, as a person of advancing years, I have have found this new and legal reason to live a pleasant distraction from watching the clock of life tick away and so I commend supporting History Hit to anyone who is looking for answers to historical questions that they didn’t bother to think about when at school. Dan Snow and his gang seem to be able to bring history to life in a way that isn’t available anywhere else and I hope that they will continue to persuade others with stories to tell to populate the History Hit App.
Amazing app that could do with a few improvements
An amazing example of how crowdfunding can bring about much needed ideas. As a history enthusiast, I’m really excited about this new channel which already features some great content. The ability to search for content using a historical timeline is fantastic and I love the array of media types available in addition to the full length documentaries: such as audio shows and shorter interviews.
On the technical side, it would be great to see an airplay feature so I can watch using my AppleTV in the living room without needing to use the small phone screen or a laptop. Downloadable content for offline viewing/listening would also be a massive plus for those of us who’d enjoy the app on the daily commute.
Great work! I’m excited to see how this develops!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hit Networks Ltd
- 83.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- ©2022 Hit Networks Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- History Hit Monthly £7.99
- History Hit Yearly £59.99