ONE OF THE TELEGRAPH’S 500 MUST HAVE APPS – “THE PERFECT APP FOR SURVIVING OR AVOIDING RAIN”
HOME & DRY IS GREAT FOR AVOIDING RAIN BY SEEING EXACTLY WHERE IT IS FALLING AND WHERE IT IS GOING NEXT
LIVE LIGHTNING PLOTTING AND ALERTING OF NEARBY STRIKES
Please note: Coverage of the Radar and Lightning strikes is for the UK and Ireland only. Coverage of the Forecast products in the app are for UK and Europe.
When will it rain? When will it stop raining? Home and Dry provides the answer, immediately. The very latest rainfall radar information specific to your exact location - no need to search for your village, town or city - the app automatically locates you.
5 minute, 1km rain radar. The highest quality rain radar visualised for you quicker than any other app in the world!
Real time lightning strike maps, alerting of nearby strikes and lightning risk forecast maps for the next three days ahead.
• The very latest rain radar information animated at 5 minute intervals for the previous 2 hours overlaid on a fully zoomable map
• Forecast rain radar for the next 3 hours ahead
• Live Lightning maps for all strikes in the last 6 hours with audible alerting of new nearby strikes
• Lightning push notifications of recent strikes in your area
• Lightning risk forecast maps for the UK for the next three days
• Location markers for points of interest including: football, rugby and cricket clubs, motor racing circuits, horse racing venues and championship tennis clubs.
• Easily share any of the content via, Twitter, Facebook, email, iMessage and even save to your Camera Roll.
• UK and European forecast maps for the next 7 days (Rainfall, Temperature, Weather Symbols, Cloud Cover, Wind, and the Jet Stream)
• Use the Maximum Wind Gust map for storm tracking. Map shows the latest hourly observed maximum gust speeds across the UK
• Visible and infra-red satellite imagery for UK and Europe
• Universal App available for iPhone4 and above, iPad2 and above, iPad Mini, iPod Touch fourth generation and above.
• The radar shows exactly where and how hard it is raining across the UK
• Use the observed radar and the forecast radar to understand exactly where the rain is, and where it is going relative to where you are. You should be able to see at what time it is either going to rain, or when it is going to stop raining
• Check the radar before you need to go out so you can either adjust your timings to avoid getting soaked, or use the radar to be prepared and take an umbrella or coat with you
• You can use Home and Dry for every trip outdoors, be it the school run, the commute to work, a walk in the park, watching football, going for a cycle, mowing the lawn, simply anything.
Sometimes you can avoid the rain, sometimes you can’t. But at least with Home and Dry you can know when it is going to rain and plan accordingly.
Warning - using the radar is highly addictive. Enjoy!
Minor bug fixes, including silencing the Push Notification Lightning sound if you turn off the Sound in the App Settings.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ideal for walking the dog between showers
This excellent app gives you up to date forecasts of rain over the next few hours. I use it all the time when planning walking the dog. Saying that with Scottish weather you used to never know, now you really do. Brilliant, and not got my hair or the dog wet yet. Accuracy has been spot on so far. I also enjoy knowing how heavy the rain is going to be, if you see red or purple you know to get inside.
UPDATE - The new lightening forecast and warning is a great addition to an already amazing app.
Great app, always using this to see current rain coverage on the live radar. Nice looking icon to have on your home screen.
However appears broken as the animation loop has gone a little strange with the “*” prediction time ahead.
One thing I’ve always wanted to see is improved prediction on the time ahead, as this is sadly lacking. The problem appears that the algorithms doesn’t follow certain accurate patterns of predictions for the different patterns. I believe it could
Examples: some areas of rain just move along and either remain in their size and shape for long times, or shrink as they move along uniformly or can intensify. However some rain doesn’t retain its size and mass of area instead bubbling up from no where, however the rain radar prediction will grab a screen capture of the rain that’s bubbled up and then in prediction it will slowly move that area of rain along when it should be following the trend pattern of bubbling up and disappearing as other bits bubble up
I’m a farmer and I need to be able to work out when to apply crop inputs. Ordinary forecasts are ok up to a point for a general view but regularly fail to predict local conditions with the accuracy required to accurately determine when or when not to apply valuable agrochemicals. Untimely rain can limit the efficacy or completely wash these inputs off. This app allows allows me to make the right decisions and is invaluable to my farming operations. Excellent!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.