Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined interface makes pro image editing easy and accessible to everyone — from complete beginners to design professionals
• With both dark and light appearances, Pixelmator Pro seamlessly adapts to the Light and Dark Modes of macOS
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the Core ML-powered ML Enhance to automatically improve the look of your photos
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes to the smallest possible
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Intelligently straighten images using the Crop tool's horizon detection feature
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Catalina.
Pixelmator Pro 1.5.5 brings big improvements to ML Super Resolution and ML Denoise and includes a number of additional improvements and fixes.
• ML Super Resolution has been improved and is now better at upscaling very compressed images, keeping edges even sharper, preserving small color details, and upscaling faces and portrait photos.
• ML Denoise has been significantly improved, bringing much better strong noise removal and noise removal in RAW photos.
• Two new Pixelmator Pro actions are available in Automator – Increase Resolution of Images, which increases the resolution of images by 3 times using ML Super Resolution, and Denoise Images, which automatically removes camera noise using our ML Denoise algorithm.
• After changing the size of an image (or using ML Super Resolution), the visible part of the canvas will be preserved.
• The maximum range of the Sharpen color adjustment has been extended to 100 pixels.
• Because it was prone to causing confusion, resizing images using the Bilinear algorithm will be destructive, just like the other algorithms are.
• For those of you who’d rather invert the Option-scrolling zoom direction, you can use the following Terminal command to do so:
defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x scrollToZoomDirectionInverted -bool true
• The Quick Selection tool will now be selected as the default tool in the Quick Selection/Color Selection group for new users.
• After upscaling images using ML Super Resolution, certain pixels would become very slightly transparent. Fixed.
• The Add Sketch command would create a new document rather than insert the sketch into the existing document. Fixed.
• Selecting part of an image, deleting the selected area, undoing the edits, and repeating the same steps again would result in the layer disappearing. Fixed.
• After choosing Hide Tab Bar or Hide Interface, the layout of the document title would be incorrect. Fixed.
• When using the shortcut menu in the Layers sidebar while the Pixelmator Pro window doesn’t have focus, certain commands would not work. Fixed.
• Using File > New > Clipboard would sometimes result in Pixelmator Pro quitting unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Attempting to export layers that have only numbers in their name using the Export for Web tool would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Sometimes, editing shape layers within groups would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Using for Chico Chugg character whose in books and on TV.
I've used the old photoshop for the last 8 years until my laptop broke, when it was mended photoshop had gone from the hard drive. Bought new photoshop and it was terrible, had to sign up for a year, cost over £30 a month! Was so difficult to use cancelled early having to still pay for an extra 3 months! Googled an alternative for photoshop and found Pixelmator Pro APP. It sounded great and it's even better than I could have dreamed! I'm wizzing around doing work in half the time with the more logical easier systems and getting the best results I've ever had! Thanks for saving my lifePixelmator Pro wish I'd known about you years ago!! Price is unbelievable too! What value! Thanks Janet Roberts
As everyone else says... very disspointing
Several years ago I moved across from a PC to a Mac and could not justify the expense of Adobe Photoshop so read the reviews of Pixelmator and decided to spend the relatively small sum of money to try it. I was extremely impressed. It was fast, had all the basic features I needed and always updating with new features and improvements. The only thing I personally did not like is floating windows which always get in the way for me. Race forward to 2018 and I decided to take the plunge with Pixelmator Pro. How could I go wrong? The company had always delivered. I was very wrong. I have a Macbook Pro wuth an 2.8Ghz i7 Processor, 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD yet I do even a basic 2 layer low resolution graphic and then try and move an object and I might as well go and make a cup of tea and possibly drink it before the app unfreezes and completes the job. I have tried it with various images and always the same. If you full size the window the whole thing freezes and does not unfreeze unless you close the app. This has been ongoing for months. I have no other apps open when this occurs. When I restart the app it looks promising but then it returns to a very sluggish experience. I have the latest version v1.2.1. Total waste of money and my time. Such a shame.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, have you tried getting in touch with us about your issues? We actually haven't had any reports of anything similar, so we'd love to take a closer look at what's going on — if it's not too much trouble, please send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take it from there.
Can't thank you enough ...
My heart sank when I saw there was a new version: I'm not a photograper or a graphic designer - I dread the time it takes to adjust to program changes and learn new apps. I sighed and paid my money.
But this is amazing. So easy. So quick to learn. And so much better than the earlier Pixelmator which I'd depended on these last 3 years.
Today, I had 10 photos to edit for a video: I went through them far faster than I imagined possible. No problems with speed, no crashes, very easy to do everything I want to do, and lots of improvements. Thank you.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 194.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.