Turn your iPad into an MPC with more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow.
Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iMPC brings the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPad. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily. With features including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats, the possibilities are endless. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Use with Tabletop’s Timeline Editor
- Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for for iMPC owners
- Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices
- Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Effects include delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note - 1/32T timing, with latch
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from hundreds of compatible apps
Check out our other apps in the MPC Collection: iMPC for iPhone and iMPC Pro 2. Happy music making!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Here's a full list of all of the bug fixes and performance improvements included. If you're happy with this update, please leave us a review. :) If you have questions, feel free to email our support team at email@example.com.
New in this version:
- Tap Tempo, "Clone and Edit Sound", and sequence number labels are no longer cut off on some iPad/OS combinations
- Fixed crash in news feed when scrolling through SoundCloud Following list
- Fixed crash when disabling the Bitcrusher
- Users are no longer able to attempt a SoundCloud upload with no track name (error 422)
- Fixed bug in which sometimes tracks were uploaded to SoundCloud as Private when Public was selected
- Fixed infinite spinner over news feed button that happened sometimes
- "More Compatible Apps" menu now functions properly again
- Green SoundCloud success checkmark no longer appears when the SoundCloud upload has failed
- Fixed blank screen that could occur when going to and from the sampler in Program Editor
- MIDI is not sent out to other software running in the background on the iPad when pads are hit
- Various small tweaks here and there
Ratings and Reviews
Get out of my face with the news ticker
Seriously, I've opened this up a few times now and while enjoying using it, I've had to shut it own because of he flashing news ticker at the top of the app - I've paid money for this, leave me alone to make music with it! If I want news I will click on a link, but your constant nagging even after I have read the news items is disrespectful and distracting!
Show your customers some respect and remove it please - or at least make it optional.
Until then, not a serious tool for making music, more of an Akai marketing blah - poor, very very poor!
Please, fix the app! Every time I use the sampler and trim the sample, pressing the pad to check the sample crashes the app. It doesn’t make sense to pay for an crashing app!
Very Poor effort
The developer, Akai Professional, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Akai Professional
- 461.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.