This app is the command center for your Velop system and Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. Use the Linksys app anywhere you have an internet connection to check connected devices, set up guest access, or keep your kids off the internet when they should be doing homework. The updated app now covers Velop, whole home mesh WiFi that provides seamless, full-strength WiFi for the whole family.
• Remote Access – All you need is an internet connection.
• Dashboard – Your WiFi’s vital stats on one page.
• Guest Access – Give friends internet access while keeping personal data secure.
• Device Prioritization – Improve streaming and online gaming by assigning WiFi priority to favored devices.
• Parental Controls – Encourage kids’ healthy internet behavior by pausing internet access or blocking specific sites.
Linksys Shield is a premium subscription for Velop tri-band users. Shield makes sure kids get content that's right for their age. Fully customizable presets give you complete control over the content your kids see. Linksys Shield can be used on up to 14 devices connected to your Velop tri-band system.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Linksys Shield offers two auto-renewing subscription options:
• $4.99 per month
• $49.99 per year
Prices are in US dollars. Your price may be converted to your local currency.
Your 30-day trial converts to a paid subscription unless you turn off auto-renew. Trial runs 30 consecutive days even if canceled before it expires.
Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of each term and you will be charged through your iTunes Account. You may turn off subscription auto-renewal at any time through your iTunes Account Settings. We cannot offer a refund for unsubscribing early.
After 30 days, iTunes will process auto-renewal payments in the 24 hours before expiration. To avoid auto-renewal, turn it off at least 24 hours before expiration. Manage subscriptions, including auto-renewal, through the iTunes store.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Velop systems and Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. Full list of supported routers: http://www.LinksysSmartWiFi.com/cloud/ustatic/mobile/supportedRouters.html
• User account (created in the app or at http://www.LinksysSmartWiFi.com) connected to your Linksys product.
• iOS 9.1.0 and greater
* Linksys Shield subscription service requires a tri-band Velop system
For additional help, visit our support site at http://support.linksys.com
For this release, we added IPv6 pass-through as an internet connection type for Velop and mesh-enabled routers. We've also thrown in a handful of improvements to the Velop setup process.
Keep helping us get better. Send suggestions to LinksysAppFeedback@belkin.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Good start, lags behind some competitors
On the positive side, this app is miles ahead of Netgear (presumably your main competitor) and provides quite deep functionality compared to many apps for mesh systems. Apps from Google WiFi and Plume (possibly Eero from what I've seen) offer a bit more information in a better presentation, but less admin capability.
Some areas I'd love to see improved:
1. Make better use of real estate in the iPad app. As it stands is just the iPhone app, bigger. (but credit to you for even offering a native iPad app) 🙂
2. On both iPad and iPhone, increase the 'density' of information in the device list. Smaller fonts and icons would be a start.
3. Include options to sort and filter the device list by name, connection type, data transferred etc
4. Include a display of devices by which node they're connected to. This is invaluable for trouble shooting. One option would be to have a 'drill in' presentation starting at the top level showing all Velop nodes. Clicking on one presents the devices on that node. Another option would be just a heirarchical display of nodes with their attached devices beneath.
5. Add more device type icons or allow user to upload their own. I have tons of device types which aren't represented. Not critical but nice to have.
6. Not an iOS request, but allow the Alexa skill to restart the mesh.
7. Include some reporting on the amount of data transferred, and a history of speed test results.
During installation of devices (Velop), there were numerous occasions when the app stalled and had to be rebooted. Rather frustrating, and took quite a while to resolve, although it did return to it’s last position and completed eventually for all devices.
Once up & running (albeit a few hours to get there) the app functions very effectively, and identifies nodes and devices both on and off line; this despite having very thick walls, and concrete floors throughout 3 storey property.
In use, some inconsistencies between device LEDs, app and web UI appeared. After working with support team (very helpful), seemed to be interactions with Sonos. Not completely resolved, but still working on it.
Several hours working with support seems now to have both app and devices working as anticipated. Thanks to Antonio for all the input.
Fanastic app for keeping tabs on your Wi-Fi
One of the best apps I’ve used for keeing tabs on Wi-Fi. Aesthetically it is very polished. The menus are easy to navigate. It has a well thought out dashboard when opening the app. At a glance you can see how many devices are connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
It would be good to have the number of nodes and status of each node too. Also some data stats would be good to have, how much data down/up loaded via each node.
Also would be handy to have data for each network client. How much data each client has downloaded/uploaded what the peak down/up load rate for that client has been.
- 86.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Linksys Shield £4.49
- Linksys Shield £45.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.