Welcome to minicabit, the easiest way to find and book the cab you need today.
Whether you want to travel near or far, the minicabit app will help you find and compare cheap cabs that you can book on the go. Using minicabit will get you the best taxi fares for a lift anywhere in the UK, not just for London cabs. It’s simple and inexpensive, so you can ditch the London Underground Tube Map and book a taxi cab instead!
With minicabit, you can book anything from an airport transfer to a ride in more than 300 towns and cities across the UK. As the UK’s largest cab comparison service, we can find minicabs in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Oxford, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Reading.
Our easy-to-use taxi app is backed by mobile operator O2, and provides cheap cab fares sourced from over 800 providers. Remove the need to call a taxi and get the right transport with minicabit, regardless of your needs. Travelling for business or need to hire a ride as part of a group? We offer a range of transportation options to suit you including saloons, estates, MPVs, executive cars and 8 seaters. Fill in any passenger specifications or luggage requirements for airport transfers with our
Want to book a cab with minicabit? We keep it really simple:
1. Enter your trip details
2. Choose a cab fare
3. Book your mini cab
• No need to call a taxi company to hire a cheap cab for airport transfers or local rides – using our taxi fare calculator, receive and compare real-time cab quotes from licensed cab providers based at
both ends of your trip and rated by customers.
• minicabit is available in over 300 towns and cities across the UK, including London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester and Oxford, getting you the cheapest cost possible when booking, as it’s the UK’s largest cab comparison service.
• A meet and greet by taxi drivers when picking you up for your airport transfers, from Heathrow Airport, London City Airport, Stansted Airport and more.
• Our free app uses our taxi fare calculator to easily book a cheap single or return trip mini cab service for 1 to 8 passengers, including for Executive cars.
• Enter any UK location or choose from either a list of thousands of popular Points of Interest such as Wembley, The O2, Birmingham NEC and Old Trafford.
• We’ve got London minicabs covered, so whether it’s the West End, Soho, Islington, Shoreditch or Clapham, if you need a ride around town, we’ll get you home safe and sound.
• Easily pick your taxi destinations from your most recent searches, using the GPS ‘locate me’ feature, or by placing a pin on our UK wide map.
• Receive free notifications of your minicab hire booking by SMS and e-mail.
• Got extra luggage? Tell us how many pieces and we will work out the right size car for your airport transfer or local trip, whether it be suitcases, camping gear or boxes!
• After using our taxi fare calculator to compare prices and find your best-priced fare, pay by cash, PayPal or card, accepting debit or credit cards with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
• Keen on booking your journey for a group? With up to 7 additional via options, minicabit is perfect for getting everyone picked up / dropped off exactly where they need to be.
minicabit is offered as the trusted preferred partner on many of the UK’s leading travel & leisure websites, such as Heathrow Airport, Visit Britain, London City Airport, Expedia and Royal Ascot. If you’re in search for a minicab to London from another part of the country, then we can find local cab companies that you can compare and hire online with ease.
Download minicabit today and get the cheapest taxi quote now in 300 towns and cities across the UK. It’s even better than public transport, because it’s always available and just waiting for your call.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Booked the cabs that I needed and received a text confirming my trips. However, in the app, it shows an incorrect date/time of my outbound pick-up. This differs to the confirmation in the text. Worried now that the taxi will come at the date/time it shows in the app, and not the date/time I requested.
Furthermore, the usual taxi companies I usually select for these trips have more than doubled their prices from the last time I used them. Had to select 2 different companies instead of the one that I use for both journeys.
Great biz but meh app
This is a great service but the app is rubbish. I have made more than 10 bookings and have compared to others on market. I will be a loyal customer but pls fix the app experience.
1. Opening screen is flash, slow and annoying. When I am booking a cab I am in a logistics mindset and not interested in trendy opening sequences.
2. In dark mode You can’t search for locations on iOS app because the the font is black on black screen.
3. The booking section is only available via typical web browser left hand nav. Super time consuming and annoying for someone with existing booking. The current app flow is only focused on a new user making a new booking. It punishes existing or returning customers with a flow that is non existent. You literally just have to browse around and try to find and memorise how to get back to your booking. A button for bookings on home screen would be standard eg FreeNow, Uber, Lyft, Gett.
4. The SMS messages are free too frequent and often repeat or duplicate. And the minicab companies often duplicate them. This is a simple workflow point that could be sorted out with clear agreements bw MCI and minicab co. I am considering blocking sms.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to explain the points that could be improved and we have made note of them.
We will work with our teams to ensure the services on the app are improved.
The minicabit team
Do Not Download - No Actual Live Person Supporting on Weekends
(1) App does not let you see your upcoming bookings or any option to modify it.
(2) Live Chat does not exist - No agents available on weekends or nights. No phone support. No one responds to emails.
(3) They Charge about 20-25 % more than booking direct. Arrow Taxi charges £85 for booking direct to Worthing from Heathrow. MiniCabit charges £105. Starlite Cars charge £80 and MiniCabit charges £100.
You would think for that extra markup that they charge their customers, they would have the decency to actually have customer service but no. No email, no live chat, no phone.
(4) Taxi Operators also know that they can pass the blame to MiniCabIt so they just are rude to the customers, cancel when they want to, and say file a complaint to minicabit - like Starlite Cars in London.
No need to download the app if there is nothing value added here. Just go direct to Taxi Operators - or better yet - if you are not in a rush - take the train. Avoid Cabs in the UK. They are not regulated.
I was looking for a place to submit complaints for Taxi Operators - there is none. That is why they can be rude to customers.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear you had trouble with the app.
This has been reported and fixed in the meantime and we appreciate the feedback, this has been taken into consideration.
Please note that the cab operators set the prices, we simply display them for the trip you are searching.
Should you require any assistance, our Livechat service operates 24/7, our agents are more than happy to help.
The minicabit team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.