Stay Informed. Share Journeys. Spot Patterns. Champion Change.
We exist to make your world a safer place. The all-new WalkSafe+ app provides safety at your fingertips, giving you the tools to make informed decisions about your personal safety.
- Journey planner: Plan your journeys and save your favourite locations for easy access.
- Trusted friend circle: Build a trusted circle of friends who can view your location and share their own journeys. No one outside of your trusted circle will be able to see your location, not strangers or big brother.
- Street crime reports: Visualise serious street crime reports as icons with the WalkSafe Map, all information is based on verified police crime data.
- Community safety: Help others by posting safety icons to the WalkSafe map. All community icons are verified by admins to uphold user safety.
- Hotspot Alerts: Get alerts when you walk near areas that have seen reports of serious crimes such as knife attacks, sexual assault, violent attacks and muggings.
- SOS button: Alert ALL of your trusted friends even if they are not viewing your location.
PERSONAL SAFETY TOOLS
No one can predict where the next crime will be. However, we believe being informed and staying alert is the key to staying safer.
We use up-to-date, accurate, and verified police data, empowering you with street safety information. The app will help you choose the safest routes while walking, spot patterns in criminal behaviour, and stay safe.
- HomeSafe: Protect yourself and protect others with HomeSafe. Set a specific place and a specific time, and share your journey plan with loved ones. If you don't successfully complete your journey, your loved ones are notified. (This feature is non-location sharing).
- WalkSafe Journeys: Going somewhere? WalkSafe journeys differ from HomeSafe by allowing you to share your location with your trusted friends. Your location will update in real-time allowing your loved ones to keep you safe on your journey.
- Activity Map: Our map shows police and WalkSafe community reports of dangers such as knife crime, sexual assault & mugging. WalkSafe automatically alerts you when you walk near these dangers. Use this information to plan safer routes and post live updates in your local area. Be a part of the growing community to stay informed and safer.
Who is it for?
- Students & International Students
- Out of hours workers
- Singles in the city
- Parents with teenage children
- Female professionals
- Groups with increased vulnerability
Currently, there is no data provided for Manchester or Scotland.
- Website: https://www.walksafe.io/
- FAQ: https://www.walksafe.io/faq
- Terms & Conditions: https://www.walksafe.io/websitetermsandcondition
Fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Peace of mind
Since downloading WalkSafe with my friends & family we’ve all agreed we have more peace of mind now compared to the times of having to call & call someone because they didn’t message you when they got home. Being able to see what’s happened in new places helps me feel more confident when planning a journey or trip too.
Had the old app, but this is so much better! Better features, much better map and loving the circle of friends. So great I can check in on my friends after a night out when inevitably we sometimes forget. Keep keeping us safe WalkSafe.
Get your loved ones to download!
Love knowing what’s happened on my routes when going somewhere new or the same journey I take on a regular basis. Also enjoy having that reassurance in my pocket when making way home late at night or my friends. Instead of panicking when times passed. Thank you!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chaperhome Limited
- 44.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Chaperhome Ltd