Designed for video editors, Motion is a powerful motion graphics tool that makes it easy to create cinematic 2D and 3D titles, fluid transitions, and realistic effects in real time.
2D and 3D Titles
• Import 360° media and design 360° titles, generators, and effects
• Build 3D titles from scratch, design them with easy-to-use templates, or instantly convert any existing 2D title to 3D
• Easily create beautiful titles that you can animate using more than 100 drag-and-drop behaviors and intuitive text animation tools
• Customize 3D titles to create endless looks with over 90 Apple-designed 3D materials including various metal, wood, and stone surfaces
• Vector-based characters scale, skew, and rotate with pristine sharpness, while the modern engine in Motion lets you design in real-time
Motion Graphics for Final Cut Pro
• Save any title, effect, transition or generator and access it directly in Final Cut Pro
• Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion
• Create Smart Motion Templates with any combination of single parameters and rigs, which let you control a group of parameters with a simple slider, pop-up menu, or checkbox in Final Cut Pro
• Save any 360° motion graphic and access it immediately from the effects browser in Final Cut Pro
• Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without keyframes
• Use advanced color grading filters like the color wheels, color curves and hue/saturation curves
• Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature
• Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the Keying filter
• Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots
• Create your own paintbrushes and 3D strokes or use one of 140 brush presets
• Design your own particle emitters or choose from 200 presets for real-world effects such as smoke and sparkles
• Choose a circle or rectangle mask or use the bezier and freehand mask tools to quickly draw and adjust control points for rotoscoping
• Use the intuitive keyframe tools in Motion for precise control of the timing and position in your animation
• Apply 360° effects including blurs, glows, and more
• Add the Tiny Planet filter when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks
• Harness a thriving ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces for tasks like advanced tracking, advanced motion graphics, and more
• Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding cameras
• Create 3D scenes within a 360° project for ultra-realistic 360° environments
• Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights
• Track objects or groups of objects with drag-and-drop ease by applying the Camera Framing behavior
• Selectively define focus as an object moves in 3D space
• Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface in 3D space
Breakthrough Speed, Quality, and Output
• Import wide color HDR images, view them on supported Mac computers, and export in standard Rec. 709 or wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Export standard or 360° projects to Apple devices and publish directly to YouTube and Vimeo
• Send to Compressor to access advanced options for custom encoding like HEVC
System Requirements: macOS 10.14.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 4.7GB of available disk space (3.5GB app, 1.2GB supplemental content).
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Video output to VR headset requires Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS Mojave. 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics or better recommended.
• Fixes an issue in which the HUD would not appear when using the Grow/Shrink behavior
• Fixes an issue in which the Color Space Override menu option was not available when working in Wide Gamut HDR
• Fixes an issue in which 3D text with transparency could display artifacts
• Prevents an issue that could lead to visual artifacts appearing onscreen for systems with Nvidia graphic cards that have the Reduce Transparency accessibility preference enabled
• Improves stability when sharing
• Improves reliability when entering Korean text
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I loving this App the more I use it
I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about Motion crashing all the time. I do have a new 4.2Ghz iMac with 8GB Graphics Memory and 48GB of RAM, so this may play some part in my experience, but I’ve not had the App crash on me once after several months of use**. I’ve moved across from Adobe After Effects and whilst it doesn’t yet have a lot of good features that can be found on AE, it has a lot of good features that arent found on AE. It’s also a lot more responsive and in some ways easier to use. (in my opinion).
**Edit: It does crash on me now, if I use the Number Generator and resize the end point on the timeline (when moving to the left of the play head). Seems to be a bug.
For the price of this App it’s absolutely brilliant, but I do come across some annoying bugs from time to time.
Crashes all the time! And audio is abysmal.
If you look at just the price tag and feature set, this is amazing value for money!
But it crashes all the time. Usually just after I’ve tweaked something and hit space to play: either an instant crash to desktop, or a permanently spinning beachball that means I have to force quit the app. Then restart it, and make the same changes again, and remember to save before trying to see the effect of my changes. It’s endlessly frustrating.
And audio playback in the preview is painfully bad: sometimes crackly; sometimes just not playing the first half second of each audio track; sometimes jumping to full volume for a fraction of a second after a track fades out; and sometimes simply playing the audio completely unsynced with the video. Usually quitting and restarting makes it behave again for a while, but it’s unpredictable. And definitely not the quality I hope for from any app I purchase, let alone an Apple Pro app.
The sad decline of a company that doesn't care anymore
Motion crashes. It crashes every single time its used. It can't run well on most macs and its not being worked on at all to improve it. Rather than admit this, the pretence and air of superiority is kept up, with no regard for users or the work that they might be doing or how that might be contributing to their livelihoods. Nope, lets keep releasing software that crashes and lying to customers about how great it is. While claiming we have the best customer service in the world. So sad that this once ripe fruit has become truly rotten and narcissistic.
- Apple Distribution International
- 2.3 GB
- Photo & Video
macOS 10.14.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.