Developed by the world's top-selling electric trolley brand, the Motocaddy mobile app is a free to use GPS rangefinder that utilises the world’s #1 database of GPS-enabled golf courses to provide key distances, hazard information and hole data for over 40,000 golf courses worldwide.
The latest app version has been completely redesigned and now includes a host of visual and user enhancements, lifesaving AED & CPR features (available in the UK & Ireland only), plus statistical tracking to help golfers gain further insight into their game.
The Motocaddy GPS app has also been developed to allow pairing with any Motocaddy 'CONNECT' trolley model via a Bluetooth® connection on a compatible smartphone; allowing the trolley's screen to display front, middle and back distances to the green along with par of the hole and clock. It also offers a round timer and shot measurement - both fully controllable from the trolley handle, plus optional smartphone notifications.
Features of the app include:
• Distances to the front, middle & back of the green
• 3D course map & aerial hole flyovers (registration required)
• 2D course map with optional distance overlay
• Vector course graphics for minimal data & battery usage, plus quicker loading times
• Compatibility with Motocaddy CONNECT trolley models
• Automated External Defibrillator (AED) locator & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) instructions (UK & Ireland only)
• Automatic local course search
• Tee box selection for accurate course information
• Hole information including Hole number, Par & Handicap
• Score tracking & Statistics for post-round analysis
• Hazard planning showing distance to any point on each hole
• Automatic hole advancement
• Measure the distance of any shot
• Round Timer for pace-of-play
• Improved user interface, modern design
• 5-language settings (English, French, German, Spanish, & Swedish)
Support for M5 GPS Trolleys
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
While this is a reasonable GPS app it does give variable distance from other users on the course, inaccurate might affect the better golfer.
The ability to quickly switch between 2D and 3D view would help because overlay distance of 2D and touch screen position in 3D are both good information. Currently you have to go through “settings” to see these.
Otherwise it’s not bad but could be better
Basic and missing useful features
Most good golf apps assist your round and keep scores for yourself and other players. They allow you to save your handicap in your profile so the score can work out everything correctly including things like Stableford points - and all the good golf apps allow the scorecards to be saved or emailed to you after the round. These are the basic requirements you want from any golf app. Sadly this does NONE of those things - it’s a VERY basic electronic scorecard crossed with a nice graphic range finder. It’s free and pairs with trolley easily so that’s why it’s got 2 stars but otherwise serves no useful functions - Shame as some basic enhancements would make this excellent.
Change the colours! Those of us who are a bit older, struggle see certain colours without glasses. When I click on ‘shot’ it turns blue and I can’t see the number. Please change the colour to white on black or black on white.
- Motocaddy Limited
- 46.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Motocaddy
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.