Developed by the world's top-selling electric trolley brand, the Motocaddy mobile app is a free to use GPS rangefinder that utilises the world’s #1 database of GPS-enabled golf courses to provide key distances, hazard information and hole data for over 40,000 golf courses worldwide.
The latest app version has been completely redesigned and now includes a host of visual and user enhancements, lifesaving AED & CPR features (available in the UK & Ireland only), plus statistical tracking to help golfers gain further insight into their game.
The Motocaddy GPS app has also been developed to allow pairing with any Motocaddy 'CONNECT' trolley model via a Bluetooth® connection on a compatible smartphone; allowing the trolley's screen to display front, middle and back distances to the green along with par of the hole and clock. It also offers a round timer and shot measurement - both fully controllable from the trolley handle, plus optional smartphone notifications.
Features of the app include:
• Distances to the front, middle & back of the green
• 3D course map & aerial hole flyovers (registration required)
• 2D course map with optional distance overlay
• Vector course graphics for minimal data & battery usage, plus quicker loading times
• Compatibility with Motocaddy CONNECT trolley models
• Automated External Defibrillator (AED) locator & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) instructions (UK & Ireland only)
• Automatic local course search
• Tee box selection for accurate course information
• Hole information including Hole number, Par & Handicap
• Score tracking & Statistics for post-round analysis
• Hazard planning showing distance to any point on each hole
• Automatic hole advancement
• Measure the distance of any shot
• Round Timer for pace-of-play
• Improved user interface, modern design
• 5-language settings (English, French, German, Spanish, & Swedish)
Bug fixes and support for Motocaddy cellular 'Performance Plan' functionality.
Ratings and Reviews
What GPS-Motocaddy need to sort this out
Update to my previous review. Have not received one update to this app as it’s only available in the USA Store, which anyone n the UK can’t use.
The trolley and App is a complete mis sell for me. Why don’t Motocaddy care. People have paid extra money for..what!!
They are still blaming Apple, yet my google maps and google navigation is spot on.
I have no trust in the app, the distance is so far out it’s ruining my game..well it was, I just don’t use it now and have had to buy a view finder. As it’s in warranty I’m sending the trolley back as it certainly does not do what It markets it’s self for. Should be called S5Connect+30yards out! Maybe Matt from Watchdog needs to get hold of it.
You can not blame Apple for the GPS, I use the GPS for other applications and it’s bang on. What research was done before launching this app. Surely everyone has been mis sold the Connect, to me it’s false advertising. I paid the extra so I didn’t need a range finder, turns out I do. The screen and app is completely redundant to me now. Motocaddy you need to sort it out. Surprised you’ve not had repercussions on mis selling.
Poor gps distance
Bought the S5 in the hope of getting rid of my garmin GPS, however with the S5 sometimes the yardage is almost 30yds out, which when selecting a club is just too much either short or through the back!!!. I have an IPhone X and on EE mobile so I would’ve thought the GPS would be pretty accurate, unfortunately not.
Would also like an update so you can add your hole score into the app.
I also miss the S3 screen that showed how far you had walked (1,048 miles before selling with no problems) as if the phone isn’t paired then the screen is pretty redundant and no use at all.
Basic and missing useful features
Most good golf apps assist your round and keep scores for yourself and other players. They allow you to save your handicap in your profile so the score can work out everything correctly including things like Stableford points - and all the good golf apps allow the scorecards to be saved or emailed to you after the round. These are the basic requirements you want from any golf app. Sadly this does NONE of those things - it’s a VERY basic electronic scorecard crossed with a nice graphic range finder. It’s free and pairs with trolley easily so that’s why it’s got 2 stars but otherwise serves no useful functions - Shame as some basic enhancements would make this excellent.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Motocaddy Limited
- 40.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Motocaddy
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.