Mountain Biking UK celebrates everything that is great about mountain biking, enabling people of all abilities and ages to have a better time on their bike. Within the pages of Mountain Biking UK you’ll find everything you love about riding a mountain bike.
We bring you all the news and stunning photography of the very latest kit to drool over, plus exclusive info on the newest and best bikes that you can buy. Our Wrecking Crew test team are out there right now, riding new bikes and products to destruction, so we can give you the most informed and honest buying advice possible.
We’re on a mission to get newcomers up, riding and enjoying mountain biking in the shortest possible time, but we also love people who already ride too fast, too hard, and too much. So we’ve got the very best technique guides to help you get the most out of every minute on your bike – whatever your level and style of riding. And we have the best access to the pro riders who are always keen to pass on their tips to you.
Subscriptions and Single Issues
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using our app! Here are the latest enhancements you’ll find in our update:
*General bug fixes
We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. We’d love to hear your questions, suggestions or feedback. Email us at: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
A bit clumsy despite regular updates
Used to buy the paper version of the magazine but the digital version gives me more content for less money, however over the past 12 months it’s been notoriously unstable to try and open and use (and all apps and operating systems are kept up to date). Just wish it would be a bit less flaky would have got 5 stars if it was less problematic.
A downward turn for Newsstand apps
Having been a subscriber to MBUK for several month using the old app, I had my share of "failed to open" moments. I was semi-pleased when Immediate Media (the brains behind a number of other prominent newsstand apps) took hold of MBUK, thinking that as a seasoned developer/publisher for the platform (which is no spring chicken itself) they must have a bulletproof system for deploying the "glorified pdf" version of the magazine. Unlike some other users I managed to transfer my old purchases from my previous subscription purchases (added a star for that), I can even read them consistently (which the old app couldn't always manage). The new app however torments me with new issues which I cannot download, long after the print version has hit the shelf. I struggle to see why I cannot have either an error message or a paid for issue of the magazine. A sad day for the worlds longest running, most widely read mountain bike magazine.
Broken App after iOS13
App won’t download mags after updating to the supposedly iOS 13 compatible version. Download gets to 37% then app crashes. Tried iPad recycle and app delete followed by reload but no change. Must admit I’m not at all surprised it’s broken as this has been by far the worst cycling mag app (I use many!) for several years, let alone expecting the developer to be able to cope with an iOS update. Hope a fix comes quick or I’ll be cancelling my subscription.
Developer Response ,
We refgret that there was a corrupt file in the October 2019 issue that was causing the app to crash. However,this has now been fixed and the app should work as expected.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 40.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Immediate Media Co
- In-App Purchases
- 100 Years of the Tour De France £7.99
- July 2013 £4.99
- Alpine Ride Guide £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.