MyLearning is a free, smartphone-based app provided by the SSSC to help you quickly and conveniently log learning activities wherever and whenever they take place.
MyLearning allows you to:
• set yourself learning targets and view your progress towards them
• record learning logs in your MyLearning journal
• tag your learning logs so you can easily find them later, to help develop your thinking and reflections
• use your learning logs as evidence towards Open Badges
• share your learning logs with others, such as your manager or a potential employer.
- Improvements to the sharing journal function.
- New celebration animations when targets are hit.
- Fixed issue relating to long tag names.
- New how-to tutorial videos included.
Ratings and Reviews
I like this app as you can learn and update at anytime the app saves a lot of time and record while training is still fresh in your mind
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the positive feedback. It's much appreciated and I hope you continue to find the app useful.
Effective recording of evidence for SSSC registration
I am very enthusiastic about this app, it makes it possible to capture evidence of learning, good practice in real time. Creating Log entries is easy.
I like that it provides resources, which I can access when I have time. I really appreciate that it is widely recognised and verifiable by any bodies I wish to share it with.
The drawbacks are I found it very difficult and time consuming to set up initially, as this may be a result of my technical ability rather than an intrinsic fault. I would appreciate a chat box for advice. I also found it was prone to occasional crashes , frustrating if an entry had taken time to fill in was lost.
Poor excuse for an application, too many bugs and issues
Doesn’t work with iPadOS password manager.
Does not like special characters (- or &) in title of journal entry.
Start date is incorrect and must be defined as one day AFTER the actual start date you want/need.
It does not allow you to have a end date that is the same as the start date I.e. if you start in the 6th, it will force you to enter the 7th as the end date.
Taking pictures is frustrating, assuming the direction of the camera making left/right/up/down impossible to match up with reality. Once you take a picture you cannot remove (no remove option) or if you reject the picture when it prompts you to accept it then it will not allow you to take a follow on picture without going back to the entry and starting again.
Pictures are not in focus. Pictures taken from the standard iPad OS Camera app are in focus.
Should be able to link multiple pictures to an entry (not just as a header picture).
You get locked into the SETTINGS window once you enter it with no way out.
The app keeps crashing every time you save something (on iPadOS13.4) and is doing this on two different iPads so not unique to one iPad
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Scottish Social Services Council
- 67.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © SSSC 2020