Here's what's new with this update:
Improved running functionality!
- Easily view splits and access auto-pause and audio feedback settings during your run.
- Customisable display for metrics that matter most (tap on each to change).
- Lap button for Speed Runs. Mark an interval without pausing the run with a standard Lap button.
- Better integration with Apple Music and Spotify. Seamlessly control music from your existing apps and discover new Nike playlists. Spotify Free accounts are now compatible.
- Lap button for Speed Runs. Double tap the screen or use the new Lap button to mark an interval during a Speed Run.
For the best results on Apple Watch, we recommend using watchOS 5.0 or above.
Ratings and Reviews
I have never been a road runner but after wasting £37 a month on a gym membership for years and barley being able to count on one hand how many times I had been over the year I decided to stop my membership. I started my first run, and did the “first run” which is 20 mins. I like that fact the coach helps to train the beginner how to run. When you haven’t exercised for years I even found that hard. But I completed my second run today. Until I get faster and cover more distance I will go into the next run. It’s always good having music on while running but I think with the help of commentary through the coach (with still being able to play music) it helps you get through. Personally until I am
Comfortable with the 20 min run I will move on to the second stage. But what I like is you can go to that when your ready and most importantly when your body feels ready for the next challenge. I’m so unfit that I plan to stay on the same run (first run) for the first couple of weeks and then I hope I can move on to the 22 min run. Great App and glad I down loaded it. I also love the Nike Dry T shirt. Thanks Nike!!
Great app! (but some minor improvements would be great)
App is really nice that you could plan your runs according to how far or how long you want to go, or spontaneously start and it would automatically calculate everything for you. I’ve been using it to have a (free!) customized training scheme for a 10k race I will be running. HOWEVER, there are a few suggestions or changes I would like:
**1. In a training plan when running sprint intervals, it would be so much better (!) if the voiceover would tell you when you reach the distance of each interval e.g.- 200m. So when you’re sprinting madly, you don’t have to constantly keep checking your phone to see if you’ve reached 200m to stop the stopwatch.**
2. When adding additional personal runs to your training plan days, they aren’t displayed in your overall training schedule and total distance etc., so a little hard to keep in track of overall progress.
3. Would be good if you could link the Nike Training Club app to this one, so you could record what workouts you do during eg a race training plan.
Basic functions failed on 1st run with updated app!
I reluctantly held off from the updated app and was using a really old one as I constantly read bad reviews about successive updates.
But as I am about to receive the new Apple Nike watch I had no choice but to update. And what a mistake that was!.
The old app run perfectly with fluid vocal feedback by an American female voice. Floor less integration with my music library and accurate measurements every time.
So why then on an updated app, that is now probably 2-3yrs newer than I previously had. Now has so many basic faults?.
The new British voice over relays back audibly like she’s not quite sure that what she’s saying is true! There are long pauses between for instance between stats. This is so off putting to a point where you stop listening to her. It’s like we have gone back 10 yrs in advancement.
Also if you receive a call it stops the timer and does not start again. And when you do this manual it starts from the beginning again.
It also then mutes the music your listening to to about a third for no reason. So you end up hardly hearing any sound when your on the road.
I have been using the Nike running app since 2006 and have clocked up quite a few miles now. So I really don’t want to use something else. Especially when I’ve just spent over £400 on a dedicated Apple Nike watch.
I really do hope that Nike sort these glitches out soon as this has left me really disappointed with the upgrade.
- Nike, Inc
- 229.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2018 Nike, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.