*An App Store 2016 Best App of the Year*
Take notes, add files, create checklists and sketches, record audio, and capture moments using Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Web and Mac apps, plus a Web Clipper for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images and sketches, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Add PDFs, word documents, spreadsheets, and more with the dedicated file note card.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
- Scan business cards, documents, and more.
- Sketch ideas and take hand written notes using your finger or Apple Pencil with the sketch note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls headline or page title, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
- You can organize various notes into notebooks.
- Notes can be grouped together.
- You can reorder your notes within a notebook.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
- Link related notes to one another.
- Favorite notes to find them quickly.
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Take a note on one device, add to it from another.
- Swipe your notebook or note card for additional information.
- Pinch to group note cards into a stack.
- Flick to find the note cards you need.
- In landscape view, pinch to fold note cards like an accordion.
- Change the color of your note cards.
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own.
- View your note cards in either grid- or landscape-style views.
- Switch to a dark-themed Night Mode.
- Lock individual notebooks and notes with TouchID or a passcode.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
- Search for objects within photos, text within photos, and more.
- Set reminders to stay on top of things.
PERFECT NOTEBOOK FOR iOS
- Audio notes are automatically text searchable.
- Share notes with friends and colleagues through iMessage.
- Use Siri to dictate text and checklist notes and search for photo notes.
- Jot a note before it slips your mind with Quick Actions, using 3D Touch.
- Get to your most recent notes from the Notification Bar.
-Drag and drop notes and content across apps from Split View and Slide Over
-Take notes in Split View on iPad Pro
NOTEBOOK FOR APPLE WATCH
- Record audio notes from your Apple Watch.
- Scribble notes on your Watch.
- View recently created notes on your Watch.
- Create Public Notes with sharable links.
- Share your notes through email and other options.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
We listen to your feedback and added a few new tricks to imporve the user expereince.
- Simple ways to create a new Zoho account to sync your notes.
- Delete all your completed stuffs from a checklist card. Tap on 'Clear' on completed section to perform this.
- Search term is now highlighted in notes during Quick Search.
- Sometimes, when you use mutliple devices, conflict handling was a mess. Now, we handle conflicts better so you don’t lose your latest content.
We’ve also fixed a few bugs and made a few enhancements to the app.
Ratings and Reviews
After many years paying £44p/a for Evernote, I decided to have a look at alternatives before paying my next subscription.
This app didn't stand out and being FREE how could it possibly match Evernote? I had nothing to loose by investing 10 minutes and immediately found that all my current notes could be imported in a matter of minutes. The layout and folders is much more pleasing to the eye and by selecting different colours of notes made storing & finding much easier. Then realising that all the features I currently use are also available on this app, plus Siri Shortcuts, I was enraged at myself as the cost of Evernote over the last 4 years is the equivalent of a 5 Star weekend away with my naughty secretary!
Whilst I previously gave 5 Stars to Evernote some years ago, there's absolutely no way I could give this app anything less and in my opinion makes Apple Notes, Evernote and Microsoft Notes look dated and untidy.
The only thing that I would change is the app logo itself. The initial appearance doesn't look as professional as it's content and this could easily have more professional users by becoming more simple and appeasing on the eye. Nevertheless I would still give this my 100% backing, 10/10, 5 Stars, recommend to people I like and those I don't (except my competitors)!
All I need to do now is find myself a secretary and in 4 years time have a naughty weekend away (If my wife let's me...)!
Notebook - Take Notes, Sync
I have been using this app for a month or so now. I have to admit that I was unsure weather I would use it or just delete it once I had downloaded it.
I am a massive fan of writing notes, lists or anything that comes to my mind. However when writing on paper, things tend to get a bit confusing when trying to put it in some sort of order.
Not now thanks to Notebook.
You can have a notebook for anything and everything all in one place.
You can even place your own picture onto the front cover of any of your notebooks, which I really love. Especially with all the amazing pictures you can get on the internet.
I would definitely recommend this to any lover of note taking and I know that there is millions of us that does. It keeps the brain in order but more importantly it gets your thoughts, feelings and shopping lists out of your mind to free it up to add more exciting things.
Thank you Notebook for making my note taking easier and less messy. 😘
What a excellent app
I usually don’t write reviews because I believe that most other things are more worthwhile. Whilst using the notebook app, however, after having used it for a year or so, I realised it’s probably the best app I’ve got. And I’ve got a lot of apps, even one that tells you what sort of plant you’ve taken a picture of (spoiler: it doesn’t work). Nevevevertheless, this app is one of the great accomplishments of the 21st century and I shall continue to use it since it pleases me in a way most other apps, and things, do not. I want to give it a hug, but alas I can only write a review. It is the one thing in my life that isn’t trying to scam me or glitch up my apple phone. Thanks notebook app.
Love from Emily.
PS. I shall now actually review the app:
Things I do like:
- never glitches
- notebook thing
- voice recordings and more
- to do list functions
- it just looks good; they say Monet never brought his true vision to life - this app was it
Things I despise:
- things that aren’t this app
- Zoho Corporation
- 208.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.