EXPLORE the OUTDOORS this SUMMER with the #1 Outdoors Navigation App for iOS
** OutDoors GPS - Your handheld companion to the Outdoors **
OutDoors GPS makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside with confidence.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time exploring.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favourite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
“The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps. Five out of Five Stars.” -Stuff Magazine
"Best UK Travel App Winner" –The Telegraph
“The perfect tool for navigating off-road.” –Outdoors Magazine
OutDoors GPS takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• HIKERS: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey and finally save and share favorite hidden by creating a ‘My Places” list
• RUNNERS: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats & save your favorite places for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains
• CYCLISTS: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• PHOTOGRAPHERS: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use offline
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Unlimited access to online & offline OS Maps (PRO)
• Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS (PRO)
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Quick access to download OS Map regions: Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
• Super fast map display, regardless of signal
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds - accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass
• Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling)
• Create & Share 'My Places' (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool)
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (150,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
• Plan, edit and share your routes via Email, Text, Social, etc.
You can subscribe to OutDoors PRO for unlimited OS Maps & Premium Routes. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Also access your OutDoors PRO unlimited OS Maps online: https://outdoorsgps.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This update adds support for the latest version of iOS. Enjoy!
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GPS, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. We really appreciate your support!
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know why this App gets so many poor reviews. I’ve been using it consistently for nearly 12 months and it has rarely let me down. In response to the negative reviews, learn how to use it properly and download the maps for the location you’re in or going to be in. You rarely get a signal in the mountains so why would you expect it to work without the maps already downloaded!
It’s quick and easy to plot a route on your phone, iPad or computer. Plotting a route on the go or changing a route is simple, even for sausage fingers.
The quality of the maps is sometimes criticised, rubbish those people should get their eyes tested. I’ve used this to navigate Snowdonia and the Lake District without any problem.
Sure it will drain your battery, just get an Apple case with battery built in. I’ve never run out of battery using it for tracking my walks.
The included AA and Rough Guide books are handy as well and have sent me on some good walks I wouldn’t have considered doing before.
One addition would be welcome and that is a peak identifier like the OS Maps app but perhaps more reliable. I use Peak Scanner best t a built in version would be great.
I consistently walk 70-90 miles each week and use the app on nearly every walk. I probably use it everyday for logging walks or browsing maps and planning my next adventure.
Good maps, but...
Updated comments following latest update April 2021:
I have been using this app for many years, but as other users have posted, any downloaded maps (purchased in the past, or through the Pro subscription) cannot be updated, so one is stuck with outdated maps when there is no Wi-fi or phone signal (presuming one has paid the Pro subscription). The developer keeps saying they are looking at this (been looking for several years now) but nothing has been forthcoming. The latest update does not address this problem. This is a shame because the maps are very clear on my iPad Air and my iPhone 6S. I have no problems loading my previously purchased maps, but, of course, they are out of date. However, if I had bought paper maps then, they would be out of date as well, and I would have no grounds for complaint.
This app does have the advantage, compared to the OS Maps app, in that any and all of the maps can be downloaded onto your device provided the capacity is big enough. So in theory all of England, Scotland and Wales (there never has been any OS Maps of Northern Ireland) could be downloaded at 25k for use offline, except for areas such as the Isle on Man, which is limited to 50k for some reason. Now, if those downloaded maps could be kept up-to-date, then the app would deserve 5 stars.
Get it fixed before we all move to other products
I have 300 or so Apps and this was clearly my favourite - until two weeks ago that is when everything went wrong. The new “improved” version is anything but. All my walking colleagues who use the App have exactly the same problems. Basically the new version is useless. We’ve walked all over the UK and Europe with hardly an issue and now this. The problems are too numerous to list but here are a few of the big issues: firstly the app no longer plots our actual walking route. It takes the start point and end point and connects them with a straight line. Even after editing the route on each device (extremely laborious) saving to our account on your website just doesn’t happen even though the (edited) route is showing on our hand devices. Secondly the actual plot position is totally inaccurate, other tracking apps on the same hand held device are very precise, proving that the problem lies with this App. Thirdly the new layout is incomprehensible. What was wrong with the previous version? The instructions too are weird too - for instance we are invited by the guide to press the centre of the map display to centre the current position but it simply doesn’t work.
I could go on but..... in summary the previous version was fantastic, this version is pure rubbish.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RoadTour LLC
- 207.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 RoadTour LLC
- In-App Purchases
- OS Maps PRO £19.99
- OS Maps PRO £14.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.