EXPLORE the OUTDOORS this SUMMER with the #1 Outdoors Navigation App for iOS
** OutDoorsGPS - Your handheld companion to the Outdoors **
OutDoors GPS makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
“The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps. Five out of Five Stars.” -Stuff Magazine
"Best UK Travel App Winner" –The Telegraph
“The perfect tool for navigating off-road.” –Outdoors Magazine
OutDoors GPS takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey and finally save and share favorite hidden by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats & save your favorite places for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use offline
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
• Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
• Super fast map display, regardless of signal
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass & clear direction view
• Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling)
• Create and Share 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool)
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
• Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Also access OS Online Unlimited Maps on our website: http://outdoorsgps.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Fixed iPad issue with editing routes
- Fixed issue with recognizing existing subscription
Ratings and Reviews
Not as good as it used to be
It works. The price is reasonable compared with paper maps and the official OS map and you can superimpose a variety of walking and cycling routes, both commercial and self-created on it. However, recently it persistently fails to recognise that you have paid for a subscription which means that even when I am using maps that I bought before the subscription model was introduced, which means the maps that I use most often and which I own in perpetuity, part of my screen is occupied with a nag banner saying that I need to pay for a subscription that I have already paid for. Sometimes it responds to “ restore purchases “ sometimes it doesn’t. It definitely needs sorting out as I have invested a significant sum purchasing maps, the full enjoyment of which I am now being denied. The official OS app may now be a better bet.
I don’t know why this App gets so many poor reviews. I’ve been using it consistently for nearly 12 months and it has rarely let me down. In response to the negative reviews, learn how to use it properly and download the maps for the location you’re in or going to be in. You rarely get a signal in the mountains so why would you expect it to work without the maps already downloaded!
It’s quick and easy to plot a route on your phone, iPad or computer. Plotting a route on the go or changing a route is simple, even for sausage fingers.
The quality of the maps is sometimes criticised, rubbish those people should get their eyes tested. I’ve used this to navigate Snowdonia and the Lake District without any problem.
Sure it will drain your battery, just get an Apple case with battery built in. I’ve never run out of battery using it for tracking my walks.
The included AA and Rough Guide books are handy as well and have sent me on some good walks I wouldn’t have considered doing before.
One addition would be welcome and that is a peak identifier like the OS Maps app but perhaps more reliable. I use Peak Scanner best t a built in version would be great.
I consistently walk 70-90 miles each week and use the app on nearly every walk. I probably use it everyday for logging walks or browsing maps and planning my next adventure.
Good but a couple of improvements needed
1. I have the yearly OS maps subscription. It would be great if I didn't have to work out which map to download if I select a point on the Great Britain map, I.e it worked out which one it was automatically.
2. Massive bug bear of mine: on the statistics screening if I press start at the beginning of a walk to record my progress, and I accidentally press the stop button there is no warning screen or an "are you sure?" query, it will automatically stop the walk at that point. If you don't press save at that point you will lose your whole walk. If you press the back button you will lose your whole walk because you didn't press save.
Developer Response ,
Hi Frustin - thanks for your review and sharing your comments. I'll pass along your recommendation about a confirmation button to the development team. You can also always reach us directly at email@example.com
- RoadTour LLC
- 174 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 RoadTour LLC
- In-App Purchases
- OS Online Unlimited Maps £19.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps £12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.