EXPLORE the OUTDOORS this SUMMER with the #1 Outdoors Navigation App for iOS
** OutDoors GPS - Your handheld companion to the Outdoors **
OutDoors GPS makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside with confidence.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time exploring.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favourite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
“The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps. Five out of Five Stars.” -Stuff Magazine
"Best UK Travel App Winner" –The Telegraph
“The perfect tool for navigating off-road.” –Outdoors Magazine
OutDoors GPS takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• HIKERS: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey and finally save and share favorite hidden by creating a ‘My Places” list
• RUNNERS: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats & save your favorite places for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains
• CYCLISTS: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• PHOTOGRAPHERS: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use offline
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning
• Unlimited access to online & offline OS Maps (PRO)
• Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS (PRO)
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Quick access to download OS Map regions: Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
• Super fast map display, regardless of signal
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds - accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass
• Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling)
• Create & Share 'My Places' (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool)
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (150,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
• Plan, edit and share your routes via Email, Text, Social, etc.
You can subscribe to OutDoors PRO for unlimited OS Maps & Premium Routes. Your subscription will be £30 for 1 year from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know why this App gets so many poor reviews. I’ve been using it consistently for nearly 12 months and it has rarely let me down. In response to the negative reviews, learn how to use it properly and download the maps for the location you’re in or going to be in. You rarely get a signal in the mountains so why would you expect it to work without the maps already downloaded!
It’s quick and easy to plot a route on your phone, iPad or computer. Plotting a route on the go or changing a route is simple, even for sausage fingers.
The quality of the maps is sometimes criticised, rubbish those people should get their eyes tested. I’ve used this to navigate Snowdonia and the Lake District without any problem.
Sure it will drain your battery, just get an Apple case with battery built in. I’ve never run out of battery using it for tracking my walks.
The included AA and Rough Guide books are handy as well and have sent me on some good walks I wouldn’t have considered doing before.
One addition would be welcome and that is a peak identifier like the OS Maps app but perhaps more reliable. I use Peak Scanner best t a built in version would be great.
I consistently walk 70-90 miles each week and use the app on nearly every walk. I probably use it everyday for logging walks or browsing maps and planning my next adventure.
I have used this app for a couple of years now with no issues. The previous version of the app was truly amazing, easy to use, track position beautifully. I used before the upgrade to cycle off road coast to coast in July 2019 and it worked like dream. I renewed my annual fee in September 2019 ready for a week walking in the Lake District. Used it last week or should I say tried to use it. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE GPS!!! It is now truly dreadful grrrrrr!!! 1. Now when you record a walk you cannot get rid of the recording data which pops up on the bottom of the screen overlaying part of the map which in effect reduces what you can see whilst using (iPhone 6s)...old app this info was a different screen. 2. Now when you are tracing a pre plotted walk the screen shows a straight red line from the last time you checked your phone to where you check it again and does not track the path you have taken whilst in use (and yes GPS I did change my settings use phone gps always). 3. Old app used to track actual route taken in blue....not any more. 4. The app now needs constant refreshing and reloading whilst in use. In essence the developers have taken a perfectly great app and ruined it.....GPS if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!! Sadly I will not not be using this once great app anymore and will be requesting a refund.
Get it fixed before we all move to other products
I have 300 or so Apps and this was clearly my favourite - until two weeks ago that is when everything went wrong. The new “improved” version is anything but. All my walking colleagues who use the App have exactly the same problems. Basically the new version is useless. We’ve walked all over the UK and Europe with hardly an issue and now this. The problems are too numerous to list but here are a few of the big issues: firstly the app no longer plots our actual walking route. It takes the start point and end point and connects them with a straight line. Even after editing the route on each device (extremely laborious) saving to our account on your website just doesn’t happen even though the (edited) route is showing on our hand devices. Secondly the actual plot position is totally inaccurate, other tracking apps on the same hand held device are very precise, proving that the problem lies with this App. Thirdly the new layout is incomprehensible. What was wrong with the previous version? The instructions too are weird too - for instance we are invited by the guide to press the centre of the map display to centre the current position but it simply doesn’t work.
I could go on but..... in summary the previous version was fantastic, this version is pure rubbish.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RoadTour LLC
- 132.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 RoadTour LLC
- In-App Purchases
- OS Maps PRO £19.99
- OS Maps PRO £14.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps £12.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- OS Maps PRO £9.99
- Wales OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- East of England OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- North West England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- OutDoors - Lake District OS Maps in 1:25k OS Explorer Map series £29.99