PDF Expert is the ultimate PDF app you’re looking for. It’s fast, intuitive and powerful to let you effortlessly complete literally any PDF task.
“PDF Expert is one of my must-have iPad apps and a desktop-class PDF reader”. – MacStories.net
“I was blown away at how easy the app is to use”. – MakeUseOf
*** WITH PDF EXPERT YOU CAN ***
READ PDFs WITH EASE
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Enable full-text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Use Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
HIGHLIGHT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
• Mark important info in books or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
• Insert pre-designed stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential.
DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER OR APPLE PENCIL
• Draw with your finger or Apple Pencil to make handwritten notes or highlight text in scanned books.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. Work with files right in the storage without downloading the document.
• Enable 2-way sync with storages to provide continuous work with documents among all devices.
• Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
• Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
• Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
ADD EMOTION WITH STICKERS
• Express yourself with amazing stickers that can be used right inside your PDFs.
*** WITH PRO FEATURES OF THE SUBSCRIPTION***
With the additional PRO subscription, you can get unique PDF superpowers.
EDIT ORIGINAL PDF TEXT
• Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
ADD AND EDIT IMAGES
• Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
• Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
• Sign documents with signatures synchronized across all your devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD
• Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.
• Protect your files from unauthorized reading with a password.
• Quickly access your favorite tools with a fully customizable toolbar.
• Now linking any part of the text to a different page or even a website is fast. Moreover, links can be added to images.
REDACT SENSITIVE DATA
• Using the Redact feature you can permanently erase or hide any sensitive information in your PDFs.
CONVERT TO PDF
• Convert webpages, photos and documents to PDF right in PDF Expert in a snap. Converting happens locally on your device, so your files are absolutely secure.
If you choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current PDF Expert PRO subscription price starts at $49.99 USD/year. Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US and are subject to change without notice. If you don’t choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, you can simply continue using PDF Expert for free. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Much of the work in today’s update was focused on a deep dive into the internal stability and improvements to your PDF Expert experience.
Get your picnic blanket ready and enjoy the spring!
If you need us, you can always find us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Useful Pencil support
I love how intuitive PDF Expert is. I mainly use it to markup and annotate documents and since investing in a Pencil, it is even better. Now I can choose annotate mode and pick a tool, such as a highlighter and just scroll through a document and highlight everything I want without having to switch tools, modes or anything. It just detects when I am using my finger to scroll and when I’m using the pencil to highlight. This is a huge time and mistake saver when you have to highlight, underline or strike out many areas in multi page documents. It is also much easier to write comments or notes next to the text. It’s also one of only a very few PDF editors I have found that can edit existing text, matching the font, size and style!
I have tried quite a few PDF editors on iPad but PDF Expert has made everything so easy with lots of powerful tools.
Latest update has reduced usability
I’m not sure what the feedback has been to change the search capability to the ‘advanced’ search functions, but it has reduced the usability of pdf expert. Prior to this update a search would highlight everything in a salmon colour and auto close the search panel to leave you with the full screen to review your document. If you wanted to navigate to a specific search result you could open the panel and scroll to it. Now the panel stays open taking up screen estate (I cant find a way to close it without losing the search too) and the search results highlight is now a pale yellow which is really hard to scan and see on a white background. Can you at least make a switch to choose the panel behaviour and allow result colour choice. It would also be good to fix the highlighting tool which likes to highlight more than one row of text at a time if the text is in a table. I am currently using a rather old version of readdle documents that I refuse to update as the pdf engine worked well in that version. Thanks
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for your feedback. We'll consider your feedback regarding the search feature and highlight colors. It would also be great if you could contact us at email@example.com to us more about your workflow. Maria
Fantastic for uni
Best app I’ve used in terms of coverage, everything I need all in one place. Good use of cloud storage. Simple to get the hang of, adding in pages in PDFs is brilliant to add notes into lecture handouts where required. Great tracking for the Apple Pencil and recognition of hand placement.
Some minor improvements for me include two finger tap to undo (or some more programmable gestures), easier transition between drawing shapes and annotation (include shapes within annotation?) or perhaps a ruler function. One other small thing would be the inclusion of a ‘smoothing’ function for handwriting, I have found in other apps it can help with presentation and legibility.
Overall, this is a brilliant app and has helped me no end, I couldn’t imagine not having it now! Superb work.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Readdle Inc.
- 263.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Readdle Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Expert PRO £47.99
- PDF Expert Basic £9.99
- PDF Expert PRO £47.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.