Available in British, American and Australian English.
Match the different phonics pairs and learn the 42 different phonetic sounds.
Phonics Match is designed to help children get familiar with the 42 sounds of the English language, rather than the alphabet. By combining matching pairs with phonics, Phonics Match improves your child's cognitive skills in a fun and playful way.
The game includes a wide selection of colorful cards and children can match pairs within specific phonics groups or can play a fully random game of matching pairs.
Phonics Match runs great on all devices running iOS 7.0 or higher.
• Choose between British, Australian and American English.
• 42 different letter cards and 126 different phonics picture cards.
• Play by phonics group or play a fully random game.
• Collect stickers after each game, 58 different sticker designs included.
• Fully Voiced by B.J. Rowling, cousin of Harry Potter author J.K.Rowling.
• Colorful graphics and simple interface which is easy to use for kids.
• Choose between lowercase, uppercase or mixed casing characters.
• Based on the Jolly Phonics system, published by Jolly Learning Ltd.
• Our parental gate keeps your child within the app.
- meta updates
Ratings and Reviews
Elitist and boring.
Very elitist and boring to play. No word building involved. Childish voice.
I have taught SEN for many years, and the use of such words as bathe, rose and tennis would not be in the vocabulary of most of the teenagers I taught. Fortunately we had Word Shark which is so much better. Admittedly expensive to purchase but children have only one chance at education.
Simple yet effective
I've found that with my niece she is drawn to the colourful pictures and sounds, and is therefore more likely to learn with this app. I'm so glad that this exists as she is still learning to speak and this will help immensely. The pronunciations seem fine and I haven't seen it done much better in other apps that are just too complicated for their target ages. Thanks, great app!
I bought this app for my daughter. I had a problem geting sound to start with so emailed Bram Van Damme. They were brilliant and got back to me straight away even though it was late evening. It turned out that I had the mute switch on, the one used for rotation blocking. Once I slid the switch it all worked fine and my daughter loves it. Would reccommend the app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.