Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined design makes image editing easy and accessible, even if you're a complete beginner
• Native dark and light appearances adapt to the light and dark modes of macOS
• A customizable interface lets you organize your creative environment just the way you want
• Choose from workspace presets created for photography, design, illustration, and painting
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust colors with a collection of nondestructive, machine learning-powered color adjustments
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images using all their extended range data
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations as presets, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Speed up image editing with hundreds of presets for color adjustments, effects, layer styles, and shapes
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Quickly create curved, circular, and path text
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
• Effortlessly automate workflows using full-featured AppleScript support
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Big Sur.
Pixelmator Pro 2.0.3 adds support for Apple ProRAW photos, improves shadow and highlight recovery, includes three new effects, brings the ability to use the WebP format in the Export for Web tool, and more.
• Pixelmator Pro now fully supports Apple ProRAW photos.
• When adjusting images using the Lightness adjustment, the Shadows and Highlights sliders will now be able to recover more detail.
• Use the new Gradient Map effect to creatively colorize images using any number of colors.
• Realistically distort and reshape images using the new Displacement Map effect.
• The new High Pass effect lets you quickly separate fine textures and details from images.
• When hovering over blending modes in the Effects tool, each blending mode will now be instantly previewed in your image.
• The WebP format is now available in the Export for Web tool.
• The General tab of Pixelmator Pro preferences has been updated, adding a new Auto appearance option like in System Preferences.
• The Align Objects commands now have handy keyboard shortcuts – press and hold the Command-Control keys, then press an arrow key to align edges in that direction, H to align Horizontal centers, or V to align Vertical centers.
• The Character Spacing slider will now display negative values by default.
• New gradient stops will now be created with the color of the area you click.
• When zooming your image, there will be haptic feedback when the image is at 100% zoom or perfectly fits the Pixelmator Pro window.
• The full range of Hue slider in the Selective Color adjustment will now be displayed by default.
• You can now pin the histogram to the top of the Color Adjustments pane – find the new option in Format > Color Adjustments > Histogram or by Control-clicking the histogram.
• When picking colors using the color pickers in the Replace Color and Monochrome adjustments, only areas inside the selected layer could be picked. Fixed.
• When opening documents with a large number of effects, adjustments, or styles, the tool options pane could not be scrolled until an effect, adjustment, or style was added or removed. Fixed.
• The anchor points and direction handles of shapes would sometimes move at different speeds than from vector paths themselves. Fixed.
• When drawing line shapes with the Inside stroke style applied, these lines would be temporarily rendered incorrectly if they were horizontal or vertical. Fixed.
• When drawing paths with the Pen tools, points would not correctly snap into place. Fixed.
• When using Refine Selection and then adjusting selected areas using the Color Adjustments tool, the changes in the selected area would not be flattened correctly. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Pro would quit unexpectedly when opening RAW images on macOS 10.14 Mojave. Fixed.
• In the About Pixelmator Pro window, the version number is now selectable.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fansatic, Easy to use
I've been looking for software to do more than basic photo editing for a while since purchasing my 2019 iMac with a 3GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 Processor, 16GB of Ram and 1TB SSD. I have tried several others like Affinity Photo but found Pixelmator Pro easier to use, others may have more features and offer closer to photoshop experience but for someone with not much experience beyond the basic photo editing, Pixelmator Pro gives me more than enough tools to let me acheive great results. With regular updates and more new features being added on a regular basis I would highly recommend Pixelmator Pro to anyone who is new to photo editng, allthough I've only been using it for a few weeks and I have personly not experienced any freezing of the app what's so ever unlike some comments made in other peoples reviews and I feel it was money well spent.
As everyone else says... very disspointing
Several years ago I moved across from a PC to a Mac and could not justify the expense of Adobe Photoshop so read the reviews of Pixelmator and decided to spend the relatively small sum of money to try it. I was extremely impressed. It was fast, had all the basic features I needed and always updating with new features and improvements. The only thing I personally did not like is floating windows which always get in the way for me. Race forward to 2018 and I decided to take the plunge with Pixelmator Pro. How could I go wrong? The company had always delivered. I was very wrong. I have a Macbook Pro wuth an 2.8Ghz i7 Processor, 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD yet I do even a basic 2 layer low resolution graphic and then try and move an object and I might as well go and make a cup of tea and possibly drink it before the app unfreezes and completes the job. I have tried it with various images and always the same. If you full size the window the whole thing freezes and does not unfreeze unless you close the app. This has been ongoing for months. I have no other apps open when this occurs. When I restart the app it looks promising but then it returns to a very sluggish experience. I have the latest version v1.2.1. Total waste of money and my time. Such a shame.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, have you tried getting in touch with us about your issues? We actually haven't had any reports of anything similar, so we'd love to take a closer look at what's going on — if it's not too much trouble, please send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take it from there.
Using for Chico Chugg character whose in books and on TV.
I've used the old photoshop for the last 8 years until my laptop broke, when it was mended photoshop had gone from the hard drive. Bought new photoshop and it was terrible, had to sign up for a year, cost over £30 a month! Was so difficult to use cancelled early having to still pay for an extra 3 months! Googled an alternative for photoshop and found Pixelmator Pro APP. It sounded great and it's even better than I could have dreamed! I'm wizzing around doing work in half the time with the more logical easier systems and getting the best results I've ever had! Thanks for saving my lifePixelmator Pro wish I'd known about you years ago!! Price is unbelievable too! What value! Thanks Janet Roberts
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 222.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.14.4 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.