Play-Cricket Scorer is the easy way to digitally score and automatically upload to Play-Cricket.com.
Built for recreational cricket, Play-Cricket Scorer provides all the detail of a traditional scoresheet making it easy for recreational scorers and powerful enough for regular scorers.
Using Play-Cricket Scorer, you can live score any game on Play-Cricket, or setup and score your own game whether at the beach, in the garden or at practise sessions.
Play-Cricket Scorer utilises technology to keep the cricket scorer at the centre of the game, providing functionality to live broadcast game events, statistics and results.
The powerful, simplified design allows scorers to focus on what really matters - scoring!
• Score a large variety of scoring combination such as single-innings or two-innings games.
• Score your own casual match (including Pairs cricket), with custom teams and custom players.
• Search, select, re-order and assign roles (Cpt and Wkt) to players in your team.
• View a ball-by-ball breakdown of the current innings and view scores in a traditional scorecard.
• Choose to automatically upload all game data, including team and player statistics, in real time to Play-Cricket.com, with a live connection. Alternatively, select to auto upload when a connection is available post-match.
• Full editing controls for both individual balls and entire overs, including the ability to change bowler, fielder, dismissal type, scoring type, runs and much more.
• Customise your scoring, including Overs per innings, maximum overs per bowler, balls per over and more.
• Option to manage rain affected games using integrated Duckworth-Lewis (Standard) calculations.
• Share results and statistics on social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
• Easily recover or resume scoring a partially-completed game from any compatible device.
• Comprehensive in-app help system, covering all screens of the Play-Cricket Scorer app.
- Improved responsiveness of View/Edit Scorecard & Score Manually screen.
- Fixed issue with PDF scorecards not loading in Adobe Acrobat/Reader.
- Fixed issue with matches list not reloading after scoring a downloaded match.
- Fixed issue with pairs penalties not pre-loading into match settings.
- Minor bug fixes & UI improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be such a good app. The idea is great but things go wrong so easily. And when they do, you're stuffed. Names come into your team randomly, and once the game starts you can't change them. If you think you've clicked the 'go back' button there's no confirmation so you don't know if you've gone back or not. The custom games can't be saved. If you accidentally click cancel you lose everything in an instant - again, no confirm option. I could go on..... So use the app but prepare to go grey/bald/demented in the process.
Filled with errors and crashes regularly
The single most frustrating app I’ve ever used.
1. Designed for tablet, but heavily relies on 4g or WiFi, which some clubs don’t offer.
Never beta tested or given real world use in my view. Designed nowhere near a cricket match.
2. Too many sub menu screens with keyboard overlaying it constantly. Have to go back between team sheet and entry pages to double check or confirm who has been added. Needs a press and hold function to make any change you like. Or a slide function on the front page to change order or batting etc
3. No saved entry: step away, want to see the stats for a previous bowler/batsman or lose WiFi and everything is lost back to last uploaded point or a crash occurs and everything lost.
4. No auto save. No one enjoys losing an afternoons diligence for a tech issue to completely erase your efforts.
5. No truly manual override: any discrepancy say in runs total, extras etc will crash program.
6. Constant confirmation of action
7. Doesn’t understand the game. Catches ask for bowler first which is unconventional, doesn’t recognise a stumping can only be performed by the wk.
8. So slow to enter information.
9. Try to continue scoring, say switch device or just reopen your score sheet and it will not do it, only resolution is to clear the entire game and start from scratch.
Absolutely infuriating, could be brilliant, but built on the cheap by people with nil understanding of users needs in a game situation.
Good app, but we should be able to remove/delete players. When you select new custom match, and add teams, all previous clubs players are there.
- England and Wales Cricket Board Ltd
- 21.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © England and Wales Cricket Board Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.