Download the most accurate EV and Tesla charging station map.
Find EV charging stations, leave reviews, and connect with other plug-in vehicle owners. It’s the most accurate and complete public EV charging map worldwide, with stations from every major network in North America, Europe, and throughout much of the globe.
PlugShare is the world’s largest EV driver community. Users contribute station reviews and photos to help drivers make the most informed charging decisions possible.
Over 400,000 electric car charging stations across major networks including:
- Tesla Destination
- Circuit Electrique
- Sun Country
- GE WattStation
- EV Connect
- Electrify America
- Enel Drive
- BC Hydro EV
Filter the EV map by plug type including: Level 1, Level 2 and DC Fast Chargers like Tesla Superchargers, CHAdeMO and SAE/CCS.
This is a must have app for electric vehicle drivers who want to find charging stations for their Tesla Model S, Nissan LEAF, Chevrolet Volt, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Tesla Model X, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500e, Ford Fusion Energi, Volkswagen e-Golf, Prius Plug-in, Kia Soul EV and all other electric vehicles on the market.
Electric Vehicle Drivers love PlugShare:
- Engadget: "a complete database of public charging stations across the US."
- CleanTechnica: "makes trip planning easier and more effective."
- Green Car Reports: "tips from actual users of the individual sites [is] one of the most useful features--and there, PlugShare has the clear edge."
PlugShare lets EV drivers...
- Find public charging stations compatible with your EV (or EVs if you have multiple electric vehicles)
- Use PlugShare with Apple CarPlay to browse nearby charging locations, bookmarked locations, and trips you've planned from the built-in display of CarPlay compatible vehicles.
- Locate Tesla Superchargers, DC Fast Chargers and other chargers matching amenity selections.
- See station ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions.
- Add new charging stations as you discover them.
- Links to your favorite navigation app to quickly get you to the stations you're looking for.
- Set up easy-to-use smart filters that let you see only the stations you really care about. Like the ones that are compatible with your EV. Or stations from your favorite network. Or specific station types (like fast chargers or level 2 stations). Or stations by power level in North America.
- Check ahead to see if the station you want is open for use (where available).
- Pay for charging right in the app with Pay with PlugShare (at participating locations).
- Turn on notifications that alert you when a new charging station is installed nearby.
- Find all the stations along a road trip route with a built-in ev trip planner.
- Monitor Pay with PlugShare charging session from within the app.
- New features added all the time.
The latest version contains bug fixes and performance improvements based on your feedback.
If you have any questions or feedback, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Sept 2018 update has made a mess
The Sept review has caused the comments on each charge to be “overprinted”, in my case using an iPhone 6 and iOS 12, so they cannot be read. The font in the comments looks a lot smaller too. It needs fixing fast as the comments are necessary to know the latest known status of a charging point, essential information for any EV user planning a journey or finding themselves needing a nearby charger.
Update 24 hours later: thank you, developers, for fixing this so quickly. The app has gone back to being my number one reference for charging locations. Thanks again.
Ok but could be so much better
There are two issues that make this app less useful to me than I would like. Firstly it does not allow you to make any changes to any of the suggested routes. I take a cross country route to pick up the M25 but the app always wants to take me back in the opposite direction to join at the nearest junction which is only a marginally shorter distance but adds to journey time if driving clockwise. Secondly, it does not allow me to plan a round trip. Often the optimum stops on a return journey are not the same on the return leg as the outbound leg i.e. may need 2 stops getting to destination but only 1 on way back home.
Would also like to be able to fix range of car which in my case defaults to the range of most recent model with larger battery pack.
Best of the apps for EV drivers
This is my go to app for charging locations, I like its community and ability to up load comments and updates. Driving EVs for 5 years now and the proliferation of charge locations is best updated by a community of users. Specific operator apps do not show the extent of the available network. I would recommend a second back up app should there be issues. As you will be aware if an EV driver always have a back up plan for charging and that goes for your location app too. Happy driving.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Recargo, Inc.
- 32.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Recargo, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.