Powerful enough for creative professionals. Simple enough for everyone. Award-winning Procreate Pocket is the most feature packed and versatile art app ever designed for iPhone.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the new Valkyrie graphics engine – Procreate Pocket has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio in the palm of your hand.
Procreate Pocket includes:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k
- Intuitive Dark Mode interface made for iPhone
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPhone
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with 100s of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organized
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Transform objects simultaneously across multiple layers
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with color fast with ColorDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
- Import colour profiles for color matching - Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
• Animation Assist - Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Export your animations in full resolution
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Gradient Map – remap your image’s colours with a customizable gradient
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Glow and Halftone to add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian and Motion Blur filters for depth and movement, or Sharpen for perfect clarity
- Advanced Noise filter gives you more control for a classic retro look
- Adjust Hue, Saturation, or Brightness in real-time
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, and HSB
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay - Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a 30sec version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
• Reference Companion:
- Keep a full canvas or reference image always with you, or paint on your face with AR. - color pick right from the reference window.
• Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
This update includes compatibility improvements, and a fix for a Transform tool issue that could sometimes cause a crash.
Did you know that you can now find resources and help in our Help Center? You can check it out at help.procreate.com/pocket
Ratings and Reviews
Inspiration tends to strike when you least expect it—heck, some of our best ideas come to us in the shower—and Procreate is a dazzling way to snatch sparks of visual genius out of the ether and bring them to life. Behind the app’s slick drawing and painting tools are robust features that you’d expect from a full-fledged illustration package—it even has the ingenious ability to use your Apple Watch as a color palette picker. If a brilliant notion does strike in the shower, though, get out and dry off.
This app is arguably one of the best art apps that I’ve ever had. It is much easier to create custom brushed on here then on IbisPaint, and I absolutely love the ability to create custom pallets from images in your camera roll.
However, my one small criticism is the lack of a tutorial. It wouldn’t be too hard to add a basic tutorial on the users first canvas to show things such as where to find the selection tools, how to use colour palettes, and of course, the fill tool that I completely forgot existed until I saw it on Tiktok. This tutorial should be optional of course, in case anyone had already owned the app on a previous device, or had owned the full Procreate app on their tablet device.
So yeah, I love this app to bits. Completely worth the money, but a basic tutorial would bring this to 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hey Ciara - thank you for the review of Procreate Pocket! We definitely appreciate this feedback, and we can consider adding an in-app tutorial in the future. For now, we have the Procreate Pocket Handbook (https://procreate.art/handbook/pocket/introduction/) which might help with users who see this review, in terms of learning the software.
A few weird things happened when i was working on a project. The app store wouldn’t let me download procreate itself for some reason, so I was reliant on this. I usually use that, but at one point I deleted it cos I needed a lot of memory , and It didn’t come up on the app store as available. When I put together two different images from different photos to blend them, the previously clear smooth lines became immediately pixelated and jagged. It looked awful. Had to abandon one section of the design as a result, reverting to before they were combined. There was another glitch too that seemed to happen, that the project froze and couldn’t then be used. I managed to fix that at one point, but at another I had to screen shot my project and start working again from the screenshot (luckily at that point it didn’t matter for me to do that). Happily now the app store is allowing me to use an older version of Procreate that I used to use before. I think those glitches are probably fixable by the developers, but it made spending £5 on it a bit frustrating, when I actually just wanted my old version of Procreate back. I was running it on my ipad so that may be why it happened...
Developer Response ,
Hi Miss Talulah – It seems that you were experiencing quite a few issues using Procreate Pocket on your iPad. We don't recommend that you use Pocket on the iPad as it is specifically designed and optimised for the features that the iPhone has.
For pixellation issues like that we recommend checking that your Interpolation mode isn't set to Nearest Neighbour, but rather Bilinear or Bicubic. You can fins this in Actions> Transform.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 330.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 15.4.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4.1 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.