Qiktionary is the free, award-winning 4-letter word game from the QI Elves. Play single player to unlock a library of amazing facts, or challenge friends in multiplayer.
Simple to understand but hard to master, Qiktionary is a game of logic and vocabulary, where you uncover hidden words and are rewarded with amazing facts.
John Lloyd CBE, creator of QI, says:
"If, like all of us at QI, you’re a massive fan of Boggle, Scrabble and Only Connect, you’ll love this maddeningly addictive new game. It’s great fun to play in its own right – either against the machine or with a friend – but the unique bonus is that, every time you solve a word, you’re rewarded with an interesting fact about it. So not only will you improve your brain skills, but your pub banter will leap to a whole new level."
PLAY QIKTIONARY FOR FREE
– Solve challenging word puzzles to unlock interesting facts from the QI Elves to build your own Qiktionary.
– Play through 4 free Wordpacks in increasing difficulty, including a ‘fish’ themed Wordpack to celebrate QI’s podcast, No Such Thing As A Fish.
– Play 4-letter Qiktionary against friends in multiplayer where the best of 3 rounds is crowned champion.
– Qiktionary is free to play but the most value can be had by upgrading to one of the subscription packages.
– A subscription to Qiktionary offers access to all new themed Wordpacks each month, each with a collection of brand new facts to unlock.
– Play through all 25+ Wordpacks in the back catalogue for hours of gameplay.
– Play unlimited simultaneous multiplayer games with friends with 4 or 5 letter word game challenges.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
QIKTIONARY SUBSCRIPTION PRICING
Qiktionary offers a 2-week free-trial followed by a monthly subscription price of £2.99 ($3.99).
Improved support for iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Terrific game, very addictive yet simple to play, with single player and two-player modes. The more you play, the better you get, as techniques get tweaked. You can play a friend or a stranger, or play single, releasing fun facts. Probably the most fun to be had at about 7p a day.
Great, but . . .
I love this app, and am completely addicted - one of those 'just one more . . . ' games.
However, my only gripe is that there is a large cost to get an upgrade, and even worse, it's NOT a one-off payment - I believe the most expensive lasts for only six months, then you have to renew.
I don't mind a one time cost, but I'm totally against getting into an ongoing 'standing order' situation.
At the moment though, I'm really enjoying the free game, and there are plenty of levels to keep me going for a while.
In principle I still love this game, which I play against my friend. However, I did end up paying for the ‘extras’, only to find that EVERY time I log in to play, I have to ‘restore purchases’. Time consuming, irritating and unnecessary.
Also, in the games I play against my friend, we keep having games freeze on us - I may be able to see a game on my screen but it doesn’t show up on hers & vice versa. At one point I had 5 started games on my screen, none of which she could see, so I had to resign them all.
I have emailed them about these issues but received no reply. Well my debit card details have just changed, so I’ve had a message saying my subscription renewal can’t happen. I think I’ll not bother to reply . . .
Great original game and a really fair subscription price I feel, though it's a shame it's a subscription and not a one off but I see why that works better for the developers.
It would be really great if there was a way to see which categories I already had games open in, as sometimes I leave the game to start another and can't tell which of the 61 categories I've already started.
- FOUR LETTER WORKS LTD
- 68.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2019 Four Letter Works Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 5 Hints £0.99
- 30 Hints £4.99
- 150 Hints £23.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.