All 19 of your favourite Roald Dahl audiobooks in one phizz-whizzing library app - listen to free chapters then download the whole story.
*Sample first chapter of each book for FREE by clicking on the title icon*
• Exclusively available in audio digital format through this app
• All first chapters available free!
• Buy and download the complete versions of your favourite titles
• Readings by top actors including:
• Oscar-winner Kate Winslet
• National treasure Stephen Fry
• Little Britain star David Walliams
• Douglas Hodge, who starred as Willy Wonka in the stage musical of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
• Sound effects specially created by Pinewood Studios
• Music by Rusty Bradshaw, regular musician with Florence and the Machine
• Sleeper function – set it to play till bedtime then it automatically switches off
• Cache and store your choices to allow offline listening on the go
• Share on social media
Brought to you by Puffin – we make stories.
Roald Dahl is the world’s number-one storyteller, with more than 15 million copies of his books sold around the world every year. His books are published in 55 languages. Born in Wales in 1916, to Norwegian parents, Roald Dahl has become an icon of children’s literature and his books continue to be adored by generations of young readers, even after his death in 1990. He was chosen as the favourite author of British teachers in a poll in 2012.
If you experience any technical issues with this app please get in touch. We are happy to help. Contact us at email@example.com
We have updated the libraries, and fixed bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Hi I’ve downloaded this app onto each of my two children’s ipads. I’ve bought several books on one device but now want to be able to listen to them on the other child’s iPad without paying twice. Each is logged in with a different iCloud account. Can you tell me how I share the purchases, or how I log the app out of the second iPad so that I can log both into the one version of the app?
Great but very limited
The books are fantastic, and the prices are fair, but you don’t really own them despite paying for them. The files are completely locked to this iOS app. You can’t even transfer and use them on your mac or put them on an MP3 player to listen to them on the move. If my iPad dies (which it did recently but managed to repair it) then I lose the books and the money I paid for them because I can’t even transfer the files to my Mac to back them up. I’d have to buy a new iOS device to reinstall the app. Basically I’m sick of buying things that you don’t really ever own.
I have “purchased” (though it’s more like renting!) one book, but since I can’t play it anywhere but this app on one device, I won’t be buying any more.
“Developer Response 20 Nov Hi there, and thanks for your feedback. Just to clarify, you can install the app and download your purchased items on multiple devices”
Well that’s not true is it. This app is only available in iTunes and only on iOS devices, so I can’t even use the app on my MacBook despite it being an apple product. What you mean is, it will work on an iPad or an iPhone. But nothing else. And again, you’re idea of “download” and everyone else’s are completely different. As I said before, the files are locked into the app and are not movable to say, my MP3 player or even my MacBook. So I have hardly downloaded the files (that I have paid for!) have i?!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, and thanks for your feedback. Just to clarify, you can install the app and download your purchased items on multiple devices.
Doesn’t work for iOS 13
I’ve been using this App without issue for around a year and a half but unfortunately it doesn’t work for iOS 13. It worked ok up to iOS 10. I have been trying to contact both the App Developer and Penguin Random House Customer Service using the contact details provided on the App and on Penguin’s website but to date I have had no response. I’m now out of pocket having spent money on a new book which will not play. Having read other reviews I’m not the only customer who is having issues with this App - can the Developer please get in touch and do something to resolve this?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Penguin Books
- 25.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Penguin Books
- In-App Purchases
- The Twits £2.49
- The BFG £4.49
- Matilda £4.49
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory £4.49
- George's Marvellous Medicine £3.49
- Fantastic Mr Fox £2.49
- The Magic Finger £1.79
- James and the Giant Peach £4.49
- The Enormous Crocodile £2.49
- Danny the Champion of the World £4.49