With the Royal Mail App, you can:
• Send an item - quickly and easily buy postage in just a few steps. You can print your labels at home or take the QR code on the app to a Royal Mail Customer Service Point/Delivery Office and we’ll print the label for you when you drop off your item.
• Find your nearest drop off location - Postbox, Parcel Postbox, Post Office branch or Royal Mail Customer Service Point.
• Track your items – just enter your tracking ID number or scan the barcode to check the progress of your deliveries (available with Royal Mail Tracked and Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed items)
• Find the size and format of your parcel using the Augmented Reality Parcel Sizer guide. Available with AR supported devices.
• Change your delivery options to suit you – You can now change where your parcel is delivered, to a Safeplace or neighbour after it has been sent. (available with Royal Mail Tracked items)
• Get proof of postage sent straight to your phone – get that extra peace of mind when dropping of at any of our locations (including our 24/7 Parcel Postboxes)
• Postcode and address finder – if you’re not sure of a full address, or want to check a postcode, just enter part of the address and we’ll fill in the blanks
• Find any Post Office locations or Customer Service Point/Delivery Office to print your label or drop off your item, with opening hours, address, map, available services and directions
• Receive push notifications on your deliveries - never miss a delivery update
• Save items you are tracking, and add an alias name making them easier to identify
• See a photograph of the signature if someone has signed for it, or the Safeplace an item has been delivered to
• Book a Redelivery – if you’ve missed an item you can easily book a Redelivery to your address, your neighbour’s address or a local Post Office – and specify a delivery day
• Save postage receipts – simply take a photo of your receipt and store it to the app
• Track an item on the go - if you have Alexa, you can track your delivery by saying an alias name you have previously assigned to an item
This release delivers performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Website probably easier
First, this is one of those incredibly annoying apps that requires you to create a login even if all you wanted to do was check the cost of postage or track an item one time. Then once you have done that, you find that it only gives you rates for UK shipments, not international. Fine that they might not have it set up to sell it, but not even give you the cost? So you may as well just use the website, although I downloaded the app because the website itself is pretty poor if you actually want to get information on postage rates. I mean, it’s Royal Mail, they only had to do one thing well.
Royal Mail App
One star only because this app works but very badly for the following reasons:-
1) The tracking of yours expected parcel/s delivery is the worst ever as the tracking does not keep you informed of the exact detailed information
2) the tracking info gives messages of no information on the expected delivery saying
“We have not received your delivery until delivery is attempted “ (This is the worst form of grammar ever) the seller has posted your parcel yet typical of Royal Mail they can’t even get their system working in a logical manner.
Royal Mail is gotten to be the worst delivery service ever and to add insult to injury they can’t even make a delivery early in the morning but they sure can rip customers off with their extortionist prices and their compensation system as far I am concerned is a disgrace. People everyone needs to unite together to get better customer service with stricter legal obligations to you the consumer and above all get a stop put to Royal Mail’s greedy lazy uncaring attitude. They need to get the logic into their greedy heads that NO CUSTOMERS EQUALS NO BUSINESS & NO EMPLOYMENT
Not sure what others are doing...
Downloaded this app with some trepidation but I have so far found it to be fine. Firstly I did not have to go through the whole process of registering..I clicked on 'already have an account? Sign in.' It took me straight to login details and I was in within literally 5 seconds!
Had a very brief look at what was on the first page to find tracking help, saw that the app mentioned sending post (think that was mentioned on another unhappy reviewers post as not an option) and found what I was looking for, tracking..which actually gave an option for leaving in porches PLUS a box to leave personal instructions, so all in all, so far so good for me.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.