Schoolwork is an iPad app that helps teachers both save time and maximise each student’s potential. With Schoolwork, it’s easy to share class materials, get students to a specific activity in an app, collaborate with students and view student progress.
Teachers can easily create and send out a class announcement, a study reminder or an assignment. They then get progress information on how their students are doing on their assignments, making it easier for them to individualise instruction based on student needs.
Students get one central place to see assignments, submit work and view their own progress.
Share anything with Handouts
• Use Handouts to easily share a homework assignment, study reminder or class announcement with students
• Add PDFs, documents, web links, photos, videos or even links to specific activities within an app
Assign specific activities within an app
• With apps optimised for Schoolwork, you can review an app’s list of assignable activities, then easily assign one or more to a class or student
• With a single tap, students are brought directly to the assigned activity within the app
• For activities you assign in Schoolwork, you’ll be able to view student progress, including quiz scores, points earned and time spent
Keep students focused and organised
• Students have one place to go to see their announcements and assignments
• Students can see what they have due this week across all their classes
• In Pages, Keynote and Numbers, and other supported apps, students can submit homework directly from within the app
Collaborate and give real-time feedback
• Easily collaborate with individual students or with the entire class in just a few taps
• Add comments to students’ work while they’re working on an assignment
• Use Apple Pencil or your finger to mark up documents, PDFs, photos and more
• See a holistic view of a student’s progress, including submitted work and progress in apps, all in one place
• Use student progress to find students who might need an extra challenge or extra support
Get started easily
• Your existing classes in Apple School Manager automatically show up in Schoolwork
• Easily create new classes yourself directly from within Schoolwork
Schools are required to opt in to Schoolwork’s student progress feature using Apple School Manager. Student progress is only recorded for teacher-assigned activities that are completed while using a school-provided Managed Apple ID. All student progress data is encrypted in transit and at rest. If a school does not opt in, teachers and students can still use Schoolwork without this feature.
In order to improve the Schoolwork product as well as help your school understand how students and teachers are using Schoolwork, Apple collects non-personally identifiable data about your Schoolwork activity that may also be shared with your school. This data will not be used for any other purpose and does not include personally identifiable information.
• Faster loading of classes and Handouts
• More consistent scrolling experience throughout the app
• Improved stability when signing in, navigating classes and Handouts, and using Split View
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Everyone Can Collaborate with Schoolwork
Schoolwork makes it super easy for our staff to share class materials, set learners on a specific activity in an app and collaborate on shared files. The speed in which collaboration can be set up within a class or group is fantastic and is truly transforming teaching and learning within our school. We have learners collaborating with the entire class in Pages, Keynote, and Numbers; assessing each others work by adding comments and sound recordings to offer peer to peer, real-time feedback. We also use the Drawing and Smart Annotation features in Pages and Keynote to create collaborative artwork which can be seen by the entire group in real-time.
The app needs to be configured by IT within your school/ institution so do investigate the the requirements and setup before you download. However, once you are set and good to go you won’t look back. This app will only get better as more 3rd party apps adopt ClassKit and Apple develop/add features in future versions. This app is the future of student learning with Apple devices. Highly recommended!!!
Excellent App that has changed the way we work with children.
This app has changed the way we work with pupils in our school. Being able to collaborate in live time with children and sharing work quickly and effectively when devices are not at school has changed the way children learn.
The dashboard is easy to navigate and provides clear deadlines for children and teachers.
Couldn’t use it
The app continued to ask me to contact the school administrator. So it’s not open to everyone and needs some special deal with apple in order to work. On the contrary, I can use ClassDojo for free and it seems to do the same sort of things. I usually prefer to use Apple’s apps but on this occasion Apple made it easier for me to choose a competitor’s service.
- Apple Distribution International
- 18.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.5 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Apple, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.