Book your train tickets quickly and easily with the ScotRail app. And just so you know, when buying tickets with us we don’t charge any booking or payment card fees.
Where’s my train?
• Save your favourite routes for easy access with Live Times
• Get a snapshot of any disruptions on your journey with up to the minute live times
• Get detailed progress updates on your specific train with our Journey Tracker
• Buy your train ticket in just a few taps, including Flexipass & seasons!
• We’ll make sure it’s the cheapest ticket for your journey
• Pay with Apple Pay or by card
• Safely store payment card details, to make buying even faster next time
Download tickets to your phone
• Download and access digital tickets directly from the My Tickets wallet
• Tap your Smartcard to easily view tickets
• Bought tickets from our website? You can download them as well
In this release, we’ve made bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Really handy for tickets
The new app is great as you can purchase tickets easily and as long as you’ve got your phone you don’t need to worry about losing TM your ticket! The only downside I have experienced is when I checked for tickets on a Sunday morning and it defaulted to Mondays times without me realising so I could not get the train and had to go for a bus instead, making me slightly late for my shift volunteering at the peacock shelter in Dunfermline.
Use this for my commute but could be better
Generally fine. Would be good if it would allow for bulk buying tickets. Also tickets don’t always expire once you have used them which makes it more difficult to find the ticket you need. Would rather not have to download each ticket separately as internet is not always available at the train stations. Would be best if tickets would automatically download after purchase. As mentioned in an other review you’re left with no option if your phone runs out of battery. Another point that could make the app more useful is if it could tell you if the train you’ve bought a ticket for has been cancelled etc. The app also logs you out at strange times (although rare) which, if you can’t remember your password or don’t have access to the internet makes all of your ticket purchases worthless.
Really bad interface design
Has anyone tested this design? If you’ve opened the app using the iPhone search function, then when you’re in the ticket screen you can’t click ‘cancel’ or ‘back’ without accidentally tapping the iOS ‘search’ text that takes you back to the search screen.
So many times I’ve tried to use the app and its design takes me back to the operating system.
Tiny buttons and a confusing ticket system that needs too many clicks to enable a ticket. Come on, I appreciate the effort but do better.
Never mind the fact that some gates at stations don’t have barcode readers. Today a crowd of us were waiting to get on the platform because neither of the two entry gates had readers on them, and the single member of staff was busy dealing with a deluge of people coming through the other way. Don’t release a feature until the infrastructure can handle it!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 41.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Trainline.com Limited