Shopping UK is a free shareable, shopping list that saves you time on your weekly supermarket shop. Enter the names of products or choose from suggestions, and watch as your items are automatically grouped by their location in the supermarket.
• Automatically synchronise your list with family and friends — for free. Immediately see their changes, and they will see yours. Shopping together? Split up, and tick-off items as you each add them to your basket. Your list will reflect what is left to fetch.
• Add items from the built-in database of over 20,000 product names to save typing.
• Or, enter items using natural language (beef or lamb, wine for tonight, birthday card - Amy, 2 large tins of beans, 3 small red tomatoes).
• Items you've previously bought are placed in an easily accessible drawer. Add these to your main list with a single tap to effortlessly create a new list.
• Paste a list of ingredients from a recipe and watch as each product is recognised and categorised by its location in the supermarket.
• Add your own categories. Enter a name and choose a colour from one of the 24 schemes available.
• Self-improving suggestions — the more you use it, the smarter it becomes.
• Enter quantities (1 apple, 3 red peppers, beer x24, a dozen eggs), weights and measures (5kg potatoes, 2 pints of milk, 200g ham) and sizes (small onion, large steak)
• Tick each item off the list as you place it in your basket or trolley.
• When finished, clear the list ready for the next time.
• No internet connection needed †
• Supports large text display.
† An internet connection is not needed for general use, but is required to synchronise shared lists. If a connection is not present, synchronisation will still work but will be delayed until later.
Shopping UK is an advertising-supported app. If you choose to purchase Shopping UK Premium to remove ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current price for Shopping UK Premium is £4.99 per year, and may vary from country to country. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Added support for manually pasting a sharing invitation into the app as an alternative to clicking on a link.
• Added version number and copyright information to the top of the shopping list planning screen (hidden unless the list is pulled down)
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic shopping list app!
I really love this app, it has made my life so much easier over the months I have had it - no more leaving my list behind! It is really easy to use and has proved invaluable.
I was a little surprised to notice adverts for the first time but they don’t really impinge on using the app, and having read what the developer has said in response to other people it is an understandable move. I use several supermarkets at a time sometimes and have thought separate lists would be good, and a FreeFrom category maybe. But I am really, really happy with it as it is - please don’t make it a lot more complicated!
April 2019 - Thanks so much for adding the ability to create categories. I now have my FreeFrom one! Also, just noticed the feature to look at previous lists and items bought. So useful! I love this app so much, it really makes my life easier. Thank you again for being such a caring developer.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the review. I'm delighted you love the app and thanks for the suggestions. Support for multiple lists and customisable categories are both on my planned features list. When I add them (or any other features), I promise to do so in a way that doesn't hurt the key flow through the app — simplicity remains my goal. Many thanks again for taking the time to write — I really appreciate the feedback!
A list that works.
This is a great little app and one I love using. I really like the way it can be used without the internet and also that items can be added on my iPad and then transferred to my phone. Also I share it with my husband and if there is anything he wants while I am out he adds it from his iPad and it appears on my list.
I was at first concerned about the adverts thinking they would be full page pop ups but this is not the case, they are not intrusive at all and do not take away from pleasure of using this app.
I look forward to using this list for a long time to come.
This is an update to my previous post as various items have been explained to me by the developer which has enabled me to now write what I wanted to say in the first place.
Developer Response ,
The decision to add adverts was extremely difficult. There are so many improvements I want to make to the app: support for multiple lists, knowledge of different shops and supermarkets, improved parsing and suggestions, custom categories and ability to re-order them based on a shop’s layout, to name a few. Adding new features and maintaining existing ones on new iOS versions takes a significant amount of time — time I could be spending with my family or earning money from paying clients. For the last five years, the app has been entirely free with no support from adverts (or any other source), but continued operation and development is no longer sustainable without a viable revenue model. I understand that no-one likes adverts (I know I don’t), but from my experience in the past, they can provide a continual (albeit small) source of money to sustain development. I understand that some people will feel really strongly about adverts so I wanted to add a low cost paid subscription option to remove them. I chose £4.99 a year because it is inline with (but cheaper than) the price charged for similar apps, and it works out at less than 10 pence a week.
The app itself will remain free. It is only the Premium Subscription that has a cost. The subscription is completely optional and will simply remove the adverts (and help me to support the app’s development, ongoing server costs, domain registration fees, software license fees and the yearly App Store Developer subscription cost). In the future, I may add premium features available only to subscribers, but I plan to offer the core functionality for free indefinitely. I understand your frustration in being asked to pay to remove adverts, and for this I’m sorry. I hope you can understand my reasons for doing so and that you continue to enjoy using the app.
Basic but brilliant
Like the title says, this app is so basic but it is brilliant! So easy to use. I love the way it automatically puts products into a category and the fact that if you think it’s wrong, a few taps and you can change it to different one. Makes things so much easier when going around the store, tells you everything you need from that section!!
Only thing I think that would make it perfect, would be to be able to create different lists at the same time! I go to a few shops for different things, so have had to add them to the same list. To have different lists, with a title to differentiate between them would make this app perfect!
Developer Response ,
Wow - many thanks for your lovely words! Multiple list support will be the next big feature to be delivered after sharing support (which will arrive shortly). I have also noted your suggestion to have the ability to change the title — great feedback :)
- BlackJet Software Ltd
- 92.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 BlackJet Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Shopping UK Premium (Yearly) £4.99
- Shopping UK Premium (Monthly) £0.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.