A smart, shareable shopping list that automatically categorises items to save you time at the supermarket.
• Automatically synchronise your list with family and friends — for free. Immediately see their changes, and they will see yours. Shopping together? Split up, and tick-off items as you each add them to your basket. Your list will reflect what is left to buy.
• Support for multiple lists†. Give each its own name and colour scheme. Each list can be shared independently.
• Add items from the built-in database of over 20,000 product names to save typing.
• Or, enter items using natural language (beef or lamb, wine for tonight, birthday card - Amy, 2 large tins of beans, 3 small red tomatoes, 5kg potatoes, 3 pints of milk, large steak).
• Items you've previously bought are placed in an easily accessible drawer. Add these to your main list with a single tap to effortlessly create a new list.
• Paste a list of ingredients from a recipe and watch as each product is recognised and categorised by its location in the supermarket.
• Add your own categories. Enter a name and choose a colour from one of the 24 schemes available.
• Self-improving suggestions — the more you use it, the smarter it becomes.
• Tick each item off the list as you place it in your basket or trolley.
• Quickly clean-up the list to remove bought items.
• No internet connection needed ‡
• Supports large text display.
† The free version of the app supports up to three lists. These restrictions don't apply to the premium version.
‡ An internet connection is not needed for general use but is required to synchronise shared lists. If a connection is not present, synchronisation will still work but will be delayed until later.
Shopping UK is an advertising-supported app. If you choose to purchase Shopping UK Premium to remove ads and access premium features, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current price for Shopping UK Premium is £4.99 per year, and may vary from country to country. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• You can now easily edit quantities and add notes to your shopping items. Press the (…) button to bring up the editor.
• The order in which suggestions are presented has now changed. The most commonly used option is now presented nearest the keyboard, so it is easier to reach.
• Fixed crash when long-pressing on a blank space in the manual categorisation screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic shopping list app!
I really love this app, it has made my life so much easier over the months I have had it - no more leaving my list behind! It is really easy to use and has proved invaluable.
I was a little surprised to notice adverts for the first time but they don’t really impinge on using the app, and having read what the developer has said in response to other people it is an understandable move. I use several supermarkets at a time sometimes and have thought separate lists would be good, and a FreeFrom category maybe. But I am really, really happy with it as it is - please don’t make it a lot more complicated!
April 2019 - Thanks so much for adding the ability to create categories. I now have my FreeFrom one! Also, just noticed the feature to look at previous lists and items bought. So useful! I love this app so much, it really makes my life easier. Thank you again for being such a caring developer.
Just noticed the revamp - haven’t used it properly yet but all the new features look great. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the review. I'm delighted you love the app and thanks for the suggestions. Support for multiple lists and customisable categories are now both available in the latest update in the App Store. Many thanks again for taking the time to write — I really appreciate the feedback!
A list that works.
This is a great little app and one I love using. I really like the way it can be used without the internet and also that items can be added on my iPad and then transferred to my phone. Also I share it with my husband and if there is anything he wants while I am out he adds it from his iPad and it appears on my list.
I was at first concerned about the adverts thinking they would be full page pop ups but this is not the case, they are not intrusive at all and do not take away from pleasure of using this app.
I look forward to using this list for a long time to come.
This is an update to my previous post as various items have been explained to me by the developer which has enabled me to now write what I wanted to say in the first place.
Developer Response ,
The decision to add adverts was extremely difficult. There are so many improvements I want to make to the app: support for multiple lists, knowledge of different shops and supermarkets, improved parsing and suggestions, custom categories and ability to re-order them based on a shop’s layout, to name a few. Adding new features and maintaining existing ones on new iOS versions takes a significant amount of time — time I could be spending with my family or earning money from paying clients. For the last five years, the app has been entirely free with no support from adverts (or any other source), but continued operation and development is no longer sustainable without a viable revenue model. I understand that no-one likes adverts (I know I don’t), but from my experience in the past, they can provide a continual (albeit small) source of money to sustain development. I understand that some people will feel really strongly about adverts so I wanted to add a low cost paid subscription option to remove them. I chose £4.99 a year because it is inline with (but cheaper than) the price charged for similar apps, and it works out at less than 10 pence a week.
The app itself will remain free. It is only the Premium Subscription that has a cost. The subscription is completely optional and will simply remove the adverts (and help me to support the app’s development, ongoing server costs, domain registration fees, software license fees and the yearly App Store Developer subscription cost). In the future, I may add premium features available only to subscribers, but I plan to offer the core functionality for free indefinitely. I understand your frustration in being asked to pay to remove adverts, and for this I’m sorry. I hope you can understand my reasons for doing so and that you continue to enjoy using the app.
Don’t look any further. Perfection is here.
If you get a review from me, it’s because you have made a real effort with your app. This has got to be the best shopping list app, IN THE WORLD!! Seriously though, it’s so easy to use, it sorts and categorises. You can add categories, move things to different categories and order the categories to suit your shop of choice, Tesco, Asda, Morrison’s, or even Waitrose darling 😊 I sent in a suggestion for a minor improvement and wallop, it was done. I really cannot vault this list app, and, and, you can share it with someone else, and it self updates!!! I know. I should have told you to sit down before I said that. Buy it, all the others are plastic coated compared to this solid gold beauty 👍🏻
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- BlackJet Software Ltd
- 108.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 BlackJet Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Shopping UK Premium (Monthly) £0.49
- Shopping UK Premium (Yearly) £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.