** Now featuring SMART Notebook Maestro which connects SMART Notebook for iPad to SMART Notebook software. Visit http://go.smarttech.com/notebook-maestro-download to download the Notebook Maestro Add-On to enable this feature in SMART Notebook desktop. **
SMART Notebook for iPad is a light version of the SMART Notebook collaborative learning software. Using this app, you can both use and edit SMART Notebook lesson activities for individual and collaborative learning with an iPad.
• Pens and Erasers. Draw and write using coloured digital pens and highlighters and choose from multiple ink colours including Crayon and Calligraphic Ink, pen thicknesses and eraser sizes.
• Text. Insert or edit typed text and change the font type, colour, size and justification on the page using Text Properties.
• Objects. Organise information and change the page layout. Tap to move, rotate or scale an object.
• Double-tap or tap and hold an object to cut, copy, paste, lock and unlock objects or to change their order. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to activate the Infinite Cloner and to change the sound properties.
• Shape and Line tool. Add shapes and lines to your file and choose the fill colour, line colour and thickness.
• Photos. Make files visual by inserting photos from the iPad Camera and Camera Roll.
• Sound. Enhance the auditory experience by adding sound recordings to objects. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to view the context menu and record a new sound.
• Share files. Share SMART Notebook files by emailing or upload to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or Google Drive account.
• Integrated with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Keep your SMART Notebook files up-to-date across multiple devices with iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive integration. One tap on the iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive icon in the SMART Notebook app for iPad file manager and you can quickly login to your iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive account to download or upload SMART Notebook files.
• SMART Notebook Maestro: Connect your iPad to SMART Notebook Desktop
• Multi select using marquee select
• Group/Ungroup annotations
• Auto group ink
• Integrated assessment. Easily complete assessments using SMART Response VE.
• Display content. Show content from an iPad on an interactive whiteboard for the whole class to see using AirPlay and an Apple TV or using an HDMI or VGA cable with the proper connectors.
• Save As. Save the file with a new name to create multiple copies with unique file names.
• Revert to Original. With one tap, you can quickly reset a file to the original version for another group of students to complete.
• Adds the familiar creative pen tool and styles from the desktop version
• Support for object animation
• Additional support for page links
• Fixes Google Drive integration
• Fixes Dropbox integration
Ratings and Reviews
Bugs and all
First, great to see smart embracing the iPad, especially since it's perhaps a rival in the classroom for smart's own products. But .... clearly not written with too much thought for what it's practical use will be. It is more of a notepad than the notebook itself as it has limited features for production of top quality smart presentations - really just text and images with no access to the smart gallery or drawing shapes and tools.
For students opening a teacher prepared smart notebook file, there are limited interactive tools - mainly adding or amending text and adding images. Good facility to add images from the camera roll or to take images and insert, plus good facility to record and add sound to images - might open up possibilities for students to record their thoughts on teacher questions.
Can easily download and open a smart file from anywhere direct to the application - some content will not display. Most backgrounds, text, images will display although interactive content may not. Hyperlinks do work well - a good resource for prompting enquiry.
Can save amended content but as yet the only tool for saving elsewhere, is email which will not be suitable given multiple student use of the individual iPads in different classes.
Adding or amending text is a little cumbersome - quite often needs a few tries.
Overall a reasonable start but more work to fix a few bugs and more thought on direction for use in the classroom.
Graham, ICT primary
This really is a SMART Notebook
GEEZ guys, after reading the reviews I was considering not downloading this game but all my doubts were wrong. People this app is AMAZING. Download it because it’s downloadable. Don’t waste this opportunity!
OMG YOU MADE THE APP FREE
You made the app free but one thing when I edit the creative pen it freezes why can you fix it?
- SMART Technologies ULC
- 107.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1995-2017 SMART Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.