With SmartPlant you can discover and care for plants for free. Identify and browse thousands of plants, add the plants you love and relax while we give you the info you need to look after them.
• Identify plants accurately using real experts.
• Enjoy timely reminders to make sure you keep your plants alive.
• Identify pests and diseases accurately and quickly.
• Discover a wealth of plants and plant information.
• Talk to our experts when you have a planty problem.
• Organise your plants in one place.
• Find plants for any area of your house.
• Upload new plants to by scanning the label at our partners.
Get your plants added to SmartPlant to build your digital plant collection. We take the thinking out of your plants, you just need to enjoy them.
Search for any plant or identify them if you don't know their name. Once added, we will send you simple plant reminders to tell you what to do with your plants. Save plants to your Wishlist and view exclusive content from leading plant lovers.
Any time you have a problem just drop the experts a line and they will make sure you and your plants are looked after.
Use SmartPlant completely free for your first taste of simple plant care. You can level up your plant prowess by upgrading your membership.
Free on SmartPlant:
• Get care and reminders for 3 of your plants.
• Access the entire plant library.
• Organise your plants in the app.
• Identify 1 plant a month.
• Ask our experts 1 question a month.
• Scan any plant at our partners for immediate care advice.
• Discover plants with our recommendations and trending plants.
Premium (£0.99 per month) - Everything you get for free plus:
• Get unlimited watering and care reminders.
• Identify more plants and pests every month.
• Unlock more chats with our wonderful experts.
Pro (£3.99 per month):
• Get unlimited watering and care reminders.
• Get unlimited chats with our experts.
• Unlimited identifications forever.
Download SmartPlant for free today and enjoy the plants you love.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account.
Subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off in the Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
We are always adding improvements to SmartPlant and this time is no different.
We have made our care calendar MUCH more interactive, tick off your tasks and give your plants the care they need.
You will also find SmartPlant is more stable and easier to use.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love plants but have little plant knowledge - how can you know what things are without ever being told, taught or having a chance to find out about them?
So SmartPlant is just so practical and easy to use! I love being able to tap into the collective wisdom of the elves behind the app. It’s a great tool to help you figure out whether that stuff that’s growing madly in your patch is a keeper or a weeder! I’ve also used it to ID photos taken of plants I’ve spotted while out and about that I’ve quite fancied for my own garden.
I love that it tells you the ideal time to prune the roses too (you don’t have to if you don’t want to!) It doesn’t judge. In fact it’s really very friendly!
Beware of early charges
I downloaded and thought I’d give this app a try. Some features seem ok but haven’t really made much use of it and the monthly updates on my plants are not much help.
The initial trial was until August when I could pay for the subscription service. I was surprised today 3 weeks in advance to be charged. No problem though the email said you can request a refund within 14 days. I haven’t used the app so decided I won’t use the service. Only you can’t get a refund within the 14 day period as they say. Any request no matter the reason is refused. Doesn’t inspire trust in the developers.
I am a frequent user of apps and subscription services via apple so no I am not somebody who has wondered in to this blind.
Virtual app but real people behind the scenes
I love this app! I’ve been intrigued by a number of plants that I’ve seen in public parks and in private gardens. No labels to be seen but after sending off a couple of photos with a brief description of where seen, I got a couple of emails back from REAL people, clever plant experts, who knew exactly what I had seen and sent me clear information including how to care for them, if needed.
A brilliant app and definitely recommend for any budding horticulturalists, or just nosey gardeners like me!
- SnappTech Limited
- 173.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 SmartPlant ™
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium £3.99
- Annual Premium £35.99
- Quarterly Premium £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.