Book Train Tickets
• Purchase train tickets across all networks to anywhere in Great Britain.
• Save up to 50% with advance train tickets.
• No booking fees.
• Price promise - if you see a cheaper price for the same train ticket travelling with SWR, we'll refund the difference
• Get rewarded for every ticket with SWR Rewards
• In a rush? Add tickets direct your wallet
• Load train tickets direct from the app to SWR Touch smartcards.
Check Live Train Times Across Great Britain
• View departure and arrival times for all National Rail services.
• Check live train times, locations and where to be with platform details.
• Save your frequent journeys for ease of checking again later.
• Check facilities and see how busy your train is - live.
• Live car parking information - check how many free spaces are at our stations*
Change Of Plan, Or Need A Refund?
• Plans changed? You can now change your date and time if you have an eTicket.
• Refund your ticket in the app**
Download now and plan your next train journey!
Information to note:
You’ll need to create an online SWR account or sign-in before you can purchase your train tickets.
* This is available for 79 of our key stations.
** This includes eTickets.
Got a question? Here’s our FAQs:
Need to get in touch? Find the best way to here: https://www.southwesternrailway.com/contact-and-help
You can also tweet us at: https://twitter.com/SW_Help
• Travelling today? You can now easily access your tickets from the opening screen
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Staying logged in/fingerprint login on iPhone
The app seems to log me out at random times and it isn’t easy from the Home Screen to see if you’re logged in or not. If I’m not and get to the point of ticket purchase and have to log in, the purchase fails and I have to start again. Also, fingerprint login option doesn’t seem to be available on my iPhone. Both of these things are really irritating, especially if having to buy tickets at short notice.
Still full of bugs
Updated the app today, but it’s still full of bugs and still a reason why I don’t use it and prefer to stick with other apps like TrainLine. I open the app ok, found the ticket I wanted and added a railcard all without issue. The issue I then encountered was that, in order to purchase the ticket I needed to sign in, ok no problem. However, once signed in there was no visible payment method coming up nor any way to add one. There was also a box above showing ticket delivery type as e-ticket, but when I clicked on this I got a “Something went wrong” error message. Unless it’s possible to buy a ticket through this app, then what’s the point?! All this app becomes useful for is seeing train times and platform information… nothing more. Useless. Please make this app useful and PLEASE make Apple Pay an integrated part of the app. E-tickets should also be available to add to the Apple Wallet for ease of access at stations. I don’t want it in an email.
Just when I think it couldn’t get worse it has. The live train status now includes routes with changes but this has the affect of now only letting you see about 30 mins into the future. You can now no longer plan when to depart work efficiently as you can’t see when the later trains run and given how variable the service is, this is a serious setback. It’s also many many clicks to buy a ticket even when you want the same route every time (as I find I don’t move house that often). It also struggles to load tickets into the app after buying at times and I’m not clear why it can’t integrate with apple wallet. Original review: Poor app. Clunky and when planning you can only see 4 trains at a time and have to adjust a time entry box to scroll forward and back in time. Horrible UI written by people who don’t care about customers.
Update: wow they managed to add even more clicks to displaying a ticket. Great work guys!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FIRST MTR SOUTH WESTERN TRAINS LIMITED
- 81.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © First MTR South Western Trains Limited
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.