The #1 spelling game Used By 20 million children worldwide!
Our app is the leading spelling app and has been #1 in several countries. Designed by a team of teachers, our platform enables anyone to succeed with spelling and enjoy the process!
Used in thousands of schools across the globe, our game makes spelling enjoyable, accessible and achievable. As well as improving spelling, our app significantly impacts on reading ability, vocabulary acquisition and typing speed!
NOW EVERYONE CAN GET 10/10 EVERY WEEK
‣ Choose the amount of support needed to SUCCEED!
‣ As confidence grows harder levels give more rewards
‣ Speed bonuses and hot streaks incentivise accuracy and fluency
‣ Especially effective for dyslexics with the OpenDyslexic font used as standard
‣ Harder levels and bonuses give more points
‣ More points gives a higher league position in class league
‣ More points also means higher class position in school and WORLD league.
‣ Honeypots awarded with points to buy avatar upgrades
100% CURRICULUM COVERAGE
‣ Subscribers (via website) have access to fully resourced spelling scheme
‣ Built-in word lists covering the entire national curriculum
‣ Search 500k word lists
‣ Oxford, NZCER, Fry, Dolch and UIL wordlists included
‣ Create custom word lists for any purpose
UNIQUE PHONICS SPELLING SYSTEM
‣ Spell words using graphemes as well as letters
‣ Perfect to support home-learning of phonics
Ratings and Reviews
Well, it’s very good, and it’s excellent that you can select easy medium hard and extreme. The only problem is that when you type a letter, sometimes it comes up with a different letter. Like if you put ‘t’ and then it put ‘y’ so please fix this otherwise it is annoying and frustrating. Also, when you are trying to be 1st in a school, eventually, you lose your score and some points are taken away. Its very annoying. So don’t take any points away please
Answer back soon!
Not quite there yet ……
I really want to love this app. It has so much potential and I especially like the feature to create your own spelling lists. Unfortunately though, it is just too twitchy. I have created several of my own lists. When I close the app all the lists look fine but when I reopen the app some of the lists have switched names and some words have disappear from the lists. App updates have not managed to sort this. If anything it seems to have made things worse. Please could you have a look at this issue because I would really like to use your app.
It’s struggling to keep up
Spelling Shed came highly recommended so I bought it a month ago. And I just noticed it is listed as app of the day, but today is also the first time it has buckled and I’m unable to do basic functions, like log on from my child’s device or add a new spelling list. Very very frustrating! I hope its new app status doesn’t hinder its ability to keep up with our basic needs.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Education Shed Ltd
- 111.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 The Spelling Shed Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.