The #1 spelling game Used By 10-million children and 80k schools worldwide!
Our app is the leading spelling app and has been #1 in several countries. Designed by a team of teachers, our platform enables anyone to succeed with spelling and enjoy the process!
Used in thousands of schools across the globe, our game makes spelling enjoyable, accessible and achievable. As well as improving spelling, our app significantly impacts on reading ability, vocabulary acquisition and typing speed!
NOW EVERYONE CAN GET 10/10 EVERY WEEK
‣ Choose the amount of support needed to SUCCEED!
‣ As confidence grows harder levels give more rewards
‣ Speed bonuses and hot streaks incentivise accuracy and fluency
‣ Especially effective for dyslexics with the OpenDyslexic font used as standard
‣ Harder levels and bonuses give more points
‣ More points gives a higher league position in class league
‣ More points also means higher class position in school and WORLD league.
‣ Honeypots awarded with points to buy avatar upgrades
100% CURRICULUM COVERAGE
‣ Subscribers (via website) have access to fully resourced spelling scheme
‣ Built-in word lists covering the entire national curriculum
‣ Search 500k word lists
‣ Oxford, NZCER, Fry, Dolch and UIL wordlists included
‣ Create custom word lists for any purpose
UNIQUE PHONICS SPELLING SYSTEM
‣ Spell words using graphemes as well as letters
‣ Perfect to support home-learning of phonics
Ratings and Reviews
Well, it’s very good, and it’s excellent that you can select easy medium hard and extreme. The only problem is that when you type a letter, sometimes it comes up with a different letter. Like if you put ‘t’ and then it put ‘y’ so please fix this otherwise it is annoying and frustrating. Also, when you are trying to be 1st in a school, eventually, you lose your score and some points are taken away. Its very annoying. So don’t take any points away please
Answer back soon!
Best for spelling test practice!
I’ve downloaded several of these spelling type games and I’ve been frustrated time and time again.
This one - thankfully!!! - is perfect for enabling my children to practice for their weekly spelling tests by me being able to create my own lists from an extensive list of available words.
The default spelling practice is also very useful for broadening their exposure to spelling new and unfamiliar words.
My main gripe is that the game itself is terrible. It’s like hangman where you need to find the letters and figure out what the word is before you..... run out of bees. Not helpful for learning to spell because you already need to know how to spell fairly well to play hangman.
My other minor issue is that you tap the letters on screen rather than type them so missing an opportunity to practice qwerty letter locations.
It’s great! One problem tho..
So it’s great for learning and practise. You have it in schools, you can take part in these hive games.
I don’t know much about them, because I never have done them.
There is a bug with iPads (possibly iPhones) where when you do the homophones, it does it in the man Siri voice thingy, then it doesn’t say what type of word it is. It just says, “heel.” When it’s suppose to say “Heel as in, the back of your foot.” Please look back to this and fix this bug.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Spelling Shed Ltd
- 92.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 The Spelling Shed Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.