"Reliable, relevant health advice for young adults who want to look after themselves and use medical services wisely" (Dr Dominique Thompson, Director, Students' Health Service, University of Bristol).
Struggling with your physical or mental health at uni? Not sure what to do next? Too embarrassed to seek help? The Student Health App (previously known as 'ESC Student') allows you to say goodbye to frustrating, confusing and sometimes dangerous online searches for health information. What's more, the app works offline (apart from the hyperlinks), so you can use the app on-the-go without the need for an internet connection.
How does the app help? Open the app and easily access over 900 pages packed with reliable health information - anywhere, anytime, and in private:
• Troubling health problems – check out what to do next and when to see a pharmacist, nurse or doctor
• Emergencies and general ill health – discover the truth about life-threatening illnesses as well as sleep problems, feeling stressed, and being tired all the time
• Common ailments – get to the bottom of headaches, find out how to treat your spots, and manage common aches and pains
• Mental health – find out what to do when you (or one of your friends) feel low or anxious, self-harm or are worried about drinking too much alcohol
• Useful links – get fast access to hundreds of links to useful further information
Which topics does the app cover? The Student Health App offers plain-talking reassurance, info and advice on over 125 topics relevant to students in areas such as...
> first aid & emergencies
> common ailments
> mental health problems
> physical (body) symptoms
> love and sex
> healthy living
> travel health
> alcohol & drugs
> long-term health problems
> staying safe at uni
> accessing health services…
Is the app safe? In partnership with the University of Bristol Students' Health Service, the app has been co-created by medical doctors and students and is certified by the Patient Information Forum 'PIF Tick' (the UK's only national quality mark for health information) as a source of clear, reliable and relevant health information.
Can universities have their own version? We can customise the app for universities - visit www.expertselfcare.com for details.
Are other student-facing apps available? You may want to check out our 'distrACT' app, offering support for young people who self-harm or feel suicidal.
How do I find out about new apps? Stay tuned and like us on facebook (www.facebook.com/expertselfcare), follow us on twitter (www.twitter.com/expertselfcare) and sign up for news through our website (http://www.expertselfcare.com/news/).
How can I give feedback? We will always try to improve this app further, and we'd appreciate your feedback. Please take time to rate the Student Health App on the App Store and complete a short anonymous feedback survey from within the app. Thank you!
Download your Student Health App today for quick, easy and discreet access to reliable health information!
Leeds page edited
Ratings and Reviews
Very helpful, I use almost every day. Knowing the symptoms of problems can really help.
Very useful app - trustworthy information
This app is designed with students in mind but it contains information that is useful even when you have left university. It gives detailed information (written by a GP so you can trust it) about health conditions we are all likely to experience from time to time, from coughs and colds to stomach problems and skin complaints, as well as advice on staying fit and healthy. The app explains the symptoms, suggests how you can self care or self treat and tells you the warning signs which mean you need to speak to a healthcare professional. I recommend it!
Crashes too much
The app crashes too frequently and can be a hassle to use.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Expert Self Care Ltd
- 29.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Expert Self Care