With tado° you control your heating and air conditioning more easily and conveniently than ever before.
tado° helps you create a comfortable and healthy climate at home. Its intelligent control works to save energy - good for the environment and for your wallet.
For all Smart Thermostats and the Smart AC Control from tado°.
• Various UI, stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good (just) with potential to be great
I installed the system myself some 5 months ago with a few problems that were resolved by support quickly.
The instructions could have been clearer to help me determine what I needed for multiple zone CH and HW. I had to order a second batch to get what was actually needed.
I have multiple smart radiator thermostats but also needed a room thermostats with the extension kit to ensure that any zone can call for heat and turner the CH on and off.
Overall it’s easy to use. Just manages 4 stars as 3 would be unfairly negative; 3.5?
However, heating is started/left on more often than needed; perhaps as my home is old and poorly insulated.
Temperature readings from smart radiator thermostats are not always reliable (although you can set an offset to adjust for this). I reckon adding room thermostats for each zone would help accuracy.
Support helped adjust the settings their end but I’ve not fully configured the system to hit the target temp when I arrive home. So much for AI!
- Overall on/off switch (otherwise each zone needs to be turned off)
- Realistic energy saving report (based on the schedule prior to installation rather than the tado schedule)
- More rapid/frequent updates and development
Overall quite an investment - over £1000 - that will take 2-3 years to pay back. As long as tado stays in business and the kit works, I’ll be happy!
Not bad but app not really thought through for real life!
Have been using Tado for 1 year. Mainly very impressed indeed. Best feature is undoubtedly Tado's ability to maintain constant temperature throughout house. Still, I am surprised that the following 2 things do not make it to the list of things needing attention.
1) There is no scope for creating 2 or more timing set ups for the whole house. For example I have one timing programme for the whole house during a normal working week, but then need a totally different set up for holiday periods. I also ideally need a further set up for when my kids are home from uni but I am still at work. What happens in practice is that I dare not lose all my timings for the most common set up, so I keep that set-up but then end up manually controlling the whole house during holiday times! I think you will agree that is a very bizarre scenario given how easy it would be for you to add several more programmable schedules to the app. In our case it isn't possible to use the GEO location option for a family because in practice you can't rely on teenagers having their phones (a) with them and (b) charged.
2) The noise of the thermostats is enough to wake a light sleeper. This never gets mentioned in your literature. For some this renders thermostats pointless in a bedroom, and for other such as myself means that I have to artificially work round the problem by setting switch on times to later than desired.
Excellent but needs attention
Having had Tado smart thermostats and radiator thermostats installed for about a week now, I am really impressed with the system however the software side of things is letting it down a bit. The app is ok, not had any bugs but the lack of simple options to do obvious things is baffling. You can only set a schedule PER DEVICE over 7 days, by creating blocks and it takes FOREVER. Why can’t we create schedule templates and apply to zones/devices? My kids come home every other week from their mothers and I have to adjust everything manually, it’s a nightmare. In the summer, I’m going to have to edit everything again, it’s just ridiculous, there is a much better way of doing this and it’s been asked for continuously on the Tado forum that no staff seem to take notice of.
I also had to contact support to carry out a really simple task as when i first installed my equipment, the radiator thermostats were calling for heat to the wrong zone, only support could fix that! Seems like another simple thing that could be done in the app. Lastly, why can somethings only be done on the website and not in the app?! All functionality should be available inside of the app, if anything the web app should be less useful. Like I said, it’s a great product that is working really well but it really needs time and effort on the software side.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- tado GmbH
- 127.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 tado GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Auto-Assist - Monthly Plan £2.99
- Auto-Assist - Yearly Plan £24.99
- Auto-Assist - Yearly Plan £24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.