The Govroam Companion app is a tool to help users of govroam find other participating public sector venues where they can connect to the Internet.
What is govroam?
In an ever more collaborative public sector, staff need to connect to the internet and to resources at their home organisation, in multiple locations, using any device – whether they’re managers, members of the emergency services, or people in multidisciplinary teams. Govroam, from Jisc, can make this happen seamlessly. With govroam, your staff can access the govroam network provided by any participating organisation, using a single, securely authenticated sign-on managed by your organisation – so they only need to log in once to ‘just connect’. Meanwhile, visiting staff from other participating organisations can access your govroam-enabled guest network in the same way, using their own sign-on credentials, reducing the time you spend managing guest accounts. Govroam is easy to use – and a step forward in enabling mobile collaboration across the public sector.
Govroam means you can:
· Offer easy-to-use internet access across multiple
· Support public sector collaboration and integration, such as that between health and social care
· Assists in the process of estate rationalisation, as govroam can act as a standard for wireless networking in multi-department public-sector buildings
· Can be part of your disaster recovery planning, as staff can ‘just connect’ on alternative public-sector sites.
· Improve the scope of your ‘bring your own device’ (BYOD) policy..
· Authenticate users securely through a single, authenticated sign-on, managed by the user’s own organisation.
· Save time on guest account management
Unlike other anonymous systems, every device that authenticates through govroam is tied to a real government worker. This strong accountability means:
· Support issues can easily be tied to a specific device/user and resolved
· Security issues, such as a virus outbreak, can be mitigated by identifying, monitoring and controlling specific devices based on identity
· Rogue behaviour can be tied to individuals, and access revoked.
The Govroam Companion App
The app helps users find venues that offer govroam connectivity that is appropriate for their use (i.e. a health worker can filter results to display only NHS venues), and provides an overview of the scope of the national govroam federation as it grows. The data it displays is added by the technical administrators of govroam at the various participating organisations. If your local govroam instance is not represented, please contact your admin to ask them to update the app database via Jisc.
- Improvements to clustering options
- Improvements to data downloading
- Support for dark mode
- Minor visual updates and improvements
- Various other minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Start of something big
Govroam from Jisc is going to transform roaming connectivity, and this app is going to get better as all the public sector organisations that deploy govroam add their data. In the meantime, KentPSN shows us what the rest of the UK will soon look like.
- 41.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation) and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018 Jisc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.