Available only with a Guardian digital subscription.
Experience digital news differently. The UK Daily brings you the coverage you need for the day, giving you a considered alternative to your never-ending news feed.
Beautifully designed and easy to navigate on mobile and tablet, the UK Daily brings you the stories that matter every morning.
Download as part of a Guardian digital subscription to enjoy:
- A new way to read: the UK newspaper, reimagined for mobile and tablet
- Updated daily: each edition is available to read by 6am (GMT), 7 days a week
- Easy to navigate: read cover to cover, or swipe to the sections you care about
- Multiple devices: beautifully designed for your iPhone or iPad
- Read offline: schedule a download and read whenever it suits you
- Ad-free: enjoy The Guardian’s journalism uninterrupted, without adverts
- Enjoy our other editions: Australia Weekend and other special editions are all included in this app as part of your subscription
The Guardian Editions app can be enjoyed as part of a Guardian digital subscription. Find out more on the subscribe page of The Guardian website.
Terms and conditions:
This release includes the following improvements and fixes:
Better error handling
Minor performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Really don’t understand where The Guardian is going with this “Editions” thing. What’s wrong with a daily news app with the content of the print version, which is what I (and everyone else who’s been signed up for any more than a week) wanted? I know it sounds wrong to complain about getting something extra, but If the direction is towards a magazine with less daily news and analysis, which is what I’m suspecting, it’ll be the final nail in the Guardian’s coffin for me.
And another thing, every time I click on a link in the daily edition, I get asked if I’ll pay more. If the app is clever enough to know I’m a subscriber when I read it, why isn’t it clever enough to know I’m clicking through from an app that makes me a subscriber? Can’t you fix this?
2/5 to 5/5? How?
Not sure how the ratings algorithm works on the App Store? I posted a 1* review only a few weeks ago when the average rating was 2/5. Now it’s 5/5; how did that happen? Before the update to this app in 2019 The Guardian Daily was 6/5, ie brilliant. The update was a solid 0/5 and it has spent the last year getting to 2/5 on the back of many 1* reviewers who helped them sort the mess out. I even had a phone call from the person in charge of the mess. Ok, it’s probably a 2/5 now, but 5/5? no way. Does anyone know how the algorithm works? Look back at all the 1* reviews in the last year and ask yourself if you are being told the truth.
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for your feedback and we are sorry you are disappointed with the changes we’ve made to the Daily app.
You refer to the offline reading experience in your feedback and we wanted to highlight that version 5.2.3 of the app has just been released which you can receive through updating the app through the AppStore.
This release contains the following improvements:
• Offline reading - we hope this version will significantly improve the offline reading experience, including ensuring images for downloaded editions are visible offline.
• Scheduled download - this version should solve many issues that prevented some users from having the latest edition download automatically.
Hopefully, this will address some of the concerns you raise.
Please feel free to continue sharing feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guardian Daily App team
A vast improvement on previous versions...
.... but still a little basic and lacking in features compared to its free sibling app.
My priorities for improvements would be 1) dark mode for reading at night, 2) a way of saving articles to come back to later (even if you have to switch to the main Guardian app to read them again) and 3) some kind of indicator to show how far through the article you've got - there's something a bit disorientating about having no idea whether you're halfway through a short article or at the beginning of a really long one!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Sixday £9.99
- Everyday £11.99
- Sunday (add on) £1.99
- Sunday £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.