Subscribe to enjoy award-winning journalism with The Times and The Sunday Times, 7 days a week. Download the app and receive the digital daily edition of the newspaper direct to your iPhone with all the latest global news headlines, business and finance reports and political commentary. Enjoy lifestyle and arts features as well as our in depth political coverage on any device.
Keep up to date with the latest global headlines as well as analysis and opinion from our award-winning columnists. Your new digital daily edition will update at 9am, Midday and 5pm because there is a difference between right now and right. We’ll give you the stories behind the headlines, keeping you well informed not just informed.
Discover stunning pictures, arts and lifestyle articles, interactive crossword puzzles and exclusive video reports from Great Britain and around the world. Improved and easy to use, there is a seamless link to The Times and The Sunday Times Sports app for instant access to sports reports, football match coverage, the latest results and more.
- Stay up-to-date with daily headlines, political developments, business and finance issues updated throughout at 9am, midday and 5pm
- To access all content from the past six days, simply tap on the menu icon and pick the day and section you wish to read. You will be able to read any article from the previous week, including all supplements
- Comprehensive sports reports and the latest football results
- Read the full range of the newspapers’ content with simple navigation in an easy to use format
- Save articles so that you can enjoy them later, at a time that suits you
- Browse award-winning journalism, audio, video and interactive content
- Use 3D Touch (on supported devices) to preview articles and gain instant access to features directly from the app icon
- Save and share your favourite articles from our columnists via E-mail, Facebook & Twitter across all sections, including news, business, world, sport, politics, finance, opinion and arts
- Play your favourite puzzles, including crosswords, Sudoku, and other games 7 days a week
Download the app now and get instant access to The Times and Sunday Times on your iPhone. Read quality news commentary, informed political opinion, finance issues with national and global headlines from an award winning team of journalists.
VIEW PREMIER LEAGUE VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
Britain's only quality digital newspaper bringing you all the sports action with video highlights from this season's Premier League football matches.
For existing members of The Times and The Sunday Times, this app is complimentary as part of your subscription. Simply log in with your username and password to get started.
HOW TO ACCESS
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
- Monthly subscription of The Times & The Sunday Times iPhone edition
- Existing members can log in with their Times and The Sunday Times username and password
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Full T+C's can be found at http://www.thetimes.co.uk/static/terms-and-conditions/
We value your opinion and feedback, as our reader’s views are central to ongoing development and improvements. You can send feedback to us directly by visiting: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/livechat/
Follow us at:
Ratings and Reviews
It does what it says on the “packet” namely full editions of The Times newspaper from midnight updated regularly during the day.
It’s easy to use and I particularly like and use the “Previous six days” section where it is easy to revisit the paper from the previous week.
Apart from the news, other likes include the, Sport, Puzzles, Times2 and Comments sections - there is a very useful facility for receiving email alerts (with link) to as many (or few) individual sections as you wish.
A very useful facility on my iPhone is when replying to someone else’s reply (to one of my comments) it takes me back to the exact place. However my iPad does not seem to do this.
I’ve only given four stars because of a couple of ways it could be improved.
Firstly when typing comments it occasionally “jumps” or refreshes and the comments already typed may be lost which is very frustrating, especially having typed a lot of text.
Secondly there appears to be no way to search for previously read pieces. Perhaps a list of headlines for each day’s edition(s) could be used to facilitate a search under “Previous six days”?
Finally the Codeword puzzle, Chess and Bridge sections only appear sporadically and I struggle to find the quiz again, but that may be my ineptitude.
Otherwise the app, and newspaper, is excellent and I’d recommend it to anyone.
Used on first iPhone 6+. I bought this and my subscription to The Times for the crossword. The crossword works well, with perhaps too many ‘checking’ options. It will store pretty much anything you have started to complete and allow you to return - similar to still finding printed versions in a pocket you haven’t used for some time. As my juvenile cataract worsens, and the rest of me becomes less juvenile, I would like more reliable scrolling of the grid and more ability to zoom/enlarge print, but I’m also pursuing the options for improving my eyesight... The paper part is clear, structured like the website, similar in flow to the paper. Searching for pieces is not satisfying, as previously noted, but then it serves to replicate the transience of the original. I’d rather it did not return to reload the edition from the front so frequently, and could update without disturbing where I left it, but apps seem designed to suit the software rather than the user.
The best newspaper app
I came back to the Times from The Telegraph because I find the depth of content and coverage to be superior. I really like the midday and 5pm updates which I never had with The Telegraph and as other reviewers have said, the ability to read previous issues is essential and glad that it’s finally an option. The one surprise was that I can’t get the football league tables anywhere within the app version which I think is odd, hardly the biggest gripe in the world but it would be nice to see them added sometime. Overall very pleased indeed and I’ve now stopped my physical newspaper as it was such a waste having both.
- Times Newspapers Limited
- 184.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- The Times for iPhone is published by Times Newspapers Limited. © Copyright Times Newspapers Limited 2018. The Times is a registered trade mark of Times Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- The Times & The Sunday Times £25.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.