Create hauntingly beautiful, soul capturing portraits with TinType by Hipstamatic. Inspired by daguerreotypes, tintypes, and other photographic processes from over a hundred years ago, TinType faithfully reproduces these amazing images with stunning accuracy.
• Four authentic TinType effects: classic B&W, hand-painted color, high contrast dark B&W, and sepia stained ambrotype
• Fully customizable effect controls: tweak the eye intensity, plate grain, and depth-of-field
• Supports Portrait Mode (on newer iPhones*), for the most authentic TinTypes ever
• Change point of focus while editing (available on images shot in Portrait Mode)
• Full frame or square format
• Capture images or import from your photo library
• Edit right from the Photos app with a photo extension
• Nondestructive photo editing – the original is always saved so you can revert back to the camera raw file at any time
• Easily share to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Portrait Mode capture available on iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max for front-facing and rear-facing cameras; also supported on iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus for rear-facing cameras
• Optimized for iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max
• TinType effect remastered! New Portrait Mode support for the most authentic TinTypes ever (supports front and rear cameras on iPhone X devices, rear camera on iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus)
• New 'Dark' effect
• Support for 'tap to focus' to change what is in focus when editing a TinType with depth data
• Easy access to 'portraits' album for editing Portrait Mode shots from the Apple Camera
• New app icon and other user interface refinements
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This incredible filtering tool will have you looking old-timey in no time. Hipstamatic’s awesome app is truly like nothing we’ve ever seen, transforming portraits into photographs that look hundreds of years old. Plus, thanks to a Photos app extension, you can edit pics right from your library.
I like it....but!
I’ve used this app a lot and enjoy the images that can be made, with careful choice of the subject. However, what would be really useful are square format guide marks/lines, within the viewfinder. It’s too hit or miss at the moment. I’d give you an extra star, for that!
Great but flips photos annoyingly!
Great app, I love it, however, if I choose a photo from my albums it flips it upside down or to the side making it then really difficult to edit. Please can you sort this weird bug out? Otherwise fab!
- Hipstamatic, LLC
- 128.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2018 Hipstamatic, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.